Strategy Associate, Corporate Innovation (3 to 6 month project)
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join Rainmaking’s to support a 3-month innovation strategy project in Singapore.
At Rainmaking we build businesses for our corporate clients. We do so by relentlessly focusing on solving business problems. That's where we uncover opportunities and economic and strategic value. Where Rainmaking is special is that we focus on discovering value which may not yet be visible to the market. Our company DNA is that of entrepreneurs, leveraging startup methodology and mindsets to tackle problems differently. We look at opportunities from the lens of emerging business models, value chain shifts, technology drivers, and most importantly customer pain points.
We are looking for support for our team to deliver a 3-month corporate innovation strategy project for one of our client starting in February. The strategy piece will inform our view of the market, identify growth opportunities for the corporate and form the basis for them to deploy a portfolio of innovation initiatives . As a strategy associate you will study industry trends, extracting critical information, analysing and writing up macro-shifts, scouting and analysing relevant startups in the industry and conducting customer interviews. The result of which will support our view on how an industry is changing, and most importantly, the role an organisation can play in that future.
Typical activities will include:
- Conduct industry research and extract key trends and learnings that work to inform our strategic opinion
- Generate insights about a client’s position within an industry, accounting for traditional and startup competition
- Gather thoughts from industry leaders and startup founders through interviews
- Creating collateral that supports better internal knowledge transfer and stronger engagement with new and existing clients
Experience & skills:
- 2 to 5 years experience. Experience could include the likes of strategy or management consulting, private equity, market research and scoping, economic analysis, technological review, and writing industry reports,
- Data collection and analysis experience including interviews, surveys, market reports and analytical modelling
- Experience owning a work stream in a project and structuring analysis and presentation of results
- Evidence of an interest in startups through work or side projects
- A strong academic record and willingness to continue learning
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Organisational skills and experience working on multiple projects with cross functional teams
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills, able to communicate information credibly and effectively and detail oriented
- Bachelors & Masters degree preferred from a top-tier university.
- Passionate about topics such as startups, technology, venture capital and innovation
- A self-starter, with good communication and excellent writing skills with a structured mindset to approaching problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player that enjoys working with different types of people in cross-functional teams
- A hunger for learning and development. Rainmakers are united by their desire to constantly grow both personally and professionally
Requirements: this is a 3-month contract to deliver a specific innovation strategy project with support from our team, ideal for PR or DP holders looking for a short-term opportunity to explore innovation and/or a new industry in a fun and driven work environment. Opportunity to extend the contract depending on individual performance and opportunities coming out from assignment.
Rainmaking is a corporate innovation company and venture builder. Our mission is to realise the massive entrepreneurial potential at the crossover between the corporate & startup worlds. We believe the greatest value can be unlocked by combining the scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups. We bring our entrepreneurial experience and global network, to co-invest with ambitious corporates.
We help corporations embed an entrepreneurial culture. We train teams with practical entrepreneurial skills. We help companies to meaningfully engage with startups. And, we partner to collaboratively build digital products, and launch new ventures, startup style.
Rainmaking Innovation has partnered with over 65 Fortune 500 companies, delivering positive change through entrepreneurship and bringing startups and corporates together to build and scale new businesses.
Rainmaking has 8 offices across the globe and has launched over 25 ventures employing over 400 people including the world’s largest industry focused accelerator programme, Startupbootcamp. We are a global team of 400+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, developers, designers, and investors.