Sales Associate - New Ventures & Corporate Innovation
Do you want to help grow a high-impact company that creates new business and builds new ventures with corporate partners? Are you inspired by business model innovation and do you constantly see ways to apply it to the world around you? Do you have at least 3 years experience in top-tier consultancy and a passion for corporate innovation? Are you genuine, honest and capable of building strong working relationships within your team. If yes, then read on - you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
Rainmaking and our APAC corporate venture build practice
Rainmaking is a global corporate innovation and venture development firm. In APAC, we co-create and scale new business with leading corporate partners, from offices in Singapore, Australia and Japan.
Since 2010, we have invested in and helped scale over 800 startups via our industry focused accelerator, Startupbootcamp. Additionally, we've built 27 of our own ventures. These ventures have generated over £250m in revenues, raised over £45m in external venture capital, and had more than 70% of our venture portfolio returning capital.
We were founded in Europe and now have a global new venture and corporate innovation practice that spans more than 10 offices in Europe, the US and APAC.
We are looking for a driven, organised and diligent Sales Associate in Singapore to work with the Rainmaking leadership and VP, Sales.
We’re looking for someone with experience working in a top-tier consultancy, who prides themselves on their intellect, diligence and attention to detail. You will need to have a passion for structuring projects and proposals, be quick to learn and able to consistently create high quality presentations and proposals. You should have a demonstrable interest in corporate innovation, startups and new venture building.
You will attend sales meetings with our APAC Partners and VP, Sales, work with them to gather and assess client pain points, and produce structured, nuanced sales proposals and decks to support the sales team. You will need to be comfortable and credible working with senior decision-makers.
- Work closely with Rainmaking’s leadership team in Singapore and global Delivery & Solutions
- Support teams to design and structure sales propositions
- Create sales proposals, craft supporting collateral
- Create materials for sales workshops, keynotes and events
Experience & Skills
- 2-4 years top tier consulting experience
- Experience working with senior corporate decision-makers
- Understanding of the corporate innovation and startup landscape
- Demonstrable experience of the ‘startup experience’ (through employment, being involved with startups, being a founder, or through work in a venture builder)
- Experience owning projects, identifying problems to be solved and structuring solutions
- Skilled at working on multiple projects contemporaneously
- Exceptional ability to communicate in writing
- Highly adaptable, a quick learner and a self-starterEnthusiastic team player
- Exceptional written english and attention to detail
- A strong intellect with a willingness to continue learning
- Passionate: you ‘geek out’ on startups, technology, business models, growth engines, founder stories, venture capital and corporate innovation
- Startup Aware: you understand and are excited by the highly dynamic startup, corporate innovation or new venture ecosystems. You are emotionally part of the entrepreneurial “tribe” and not just someone with Eric Ries and Peter Thiel on your bookcase
- Team Playing Self-starter: you enjoy and respect the importance of being a part of a small tight-knit team but equally you thrive when working independently
- Master Written Communicator: you love structuring compelling narratives and propositions using words, images, and graphics. You are an expert in bringing concepts to life succinctly
- Multi-tasker: able to work on multiple projects at once, with superb organisation skills, highly motivated and buzzing with energy.
- Visual Eye: you have an appreciation for aesthetics and good design; able to create concise, insightful, and beautiful work
- Perpetual Learner: always intellectually engaged with a thirst for knowledge and continued learning
It will be an energising environment. It will be challenging, entrepreneurial and at times scrappy. You will work with passionate, ambitious people, enthused by building businesses and having a positive impact on the world. You will be tasked with significant responsibility. You will be valued, appreciated and believed in.
Values & Culture
Rainmaking has built a strong ethical codex. It encompasses not just what we do, but how we do it. Our values can be summarised as follows: be entrepreneurial, be kind, be impactful. We believe that how you engage with people makes all the difference. Just as we hope you are the one to make a difference, we want to make sure that our values are aligned.
Please read the Rainmaking Culture Book here: https://rainmaking.io/RM_culturebook.pdf
Starting Date: Immediate