Head of Marketing & Growth (CMO)
Rainmaking Ventures is a venture development company. We invent, build and launch startups with the world’s most influential companies. Our model allows us to combine the scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups.
In collaboration with Danske Bank, we are on a mission to empower startups and founders, help them grow and eliminate friction on their way. Backed by Danske Bank, we’ve built and scaled the Hub and +Impact to be the go-to platforms for startups in the Nordics and Northern Ireland. By providing access to recruitment, funding, tools and expert advice today we’re serving 1.5M users per year in five markets.
We are looking for an experienced growth lead who can own the end-to-end marketing strategy and optimisation as well as execute independently and in close collaboration with the Product- and Customer Success team (across the two projects: The Hub and +Impact). The ideal candidate is a data-driven, user-focused marketer, who can both think strategically and execute. You will be responsible for leading our marketing efforts, and growing users. You will own aggressive growth goals, set the strategy, and hire and manage a small team. You will also roll up your sleeves, a lot. This is not simply a “manager“ role.
As Head of Marketing & Growth you will
- Own paid advertising including but not limited to Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Linkedin and organic search engine optimisation; display and keywords across all five markets
- Own and coordinate excellent content creation and distribution via own organic channels and social media
- Develop a deep understanding of our (prospective) users and their motivations
- Design marketing funnel strategies and plans using a variety of channels and marketing tools like e.g. landing pages, CRM, email campaigns and automations
- Supervise the marketing budget and allocate optimally across tools and channels
- Liaise with all other parts of the business including Product, Operations, Customer Engagement to experiment, test and analyse initiatives
- Steward the company brand and voice; ensure consistency in all our communication
Desired Expertise and Experience
- 3+ years of marketing experience as Project Manager or Marketing Manager
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a marketing or business discipline
- Proven track record of scaling digital products and services through online marketing and user-centric methods
- Significant experience in Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Facebook Advertising paid as well as organic
- Ability to think strategically and creatively: analyse, synthesise, recommend and take actions
- Keen on learning fast and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves when needed
- Experience in working with Blogging, CRM, Automations, Re-Marketing, Landing Pages, conversion optimisation, Twitter, LinkedIn and Event Marketing is a plus
- Experience in internal/external stakeholder management with e.g. executives, boards or clients is a plus
- Graphic design and presentation skills are a plus (Adobe suite, Powerpoint etc.)
- Fluent in English
What we offer
- Being part of a small, dedicated group of skilled, international people
- Get a lot of responsibility and freedom
- Shape your own work-day (flexible hours)
- A great office environment at Rainmaking Loft, working with 300 like-minded entrepreneurs
- Catered lunches every day and freshly made coffee from our own barista
If you see yourself as the perfect match, or you have any questions regarding the position, we would love to hear from you.