Corporate Startup Engagement
At Rainmaking, our mission is to realise the massive entrepreneurial potential at the crossover between the corporate & startup worlds to further innovation. We help corporations embed an entrepreneurial culture. We train teams with practical entrepreneurial skills. We help companies to meaningfully engage with startups. Rainmaking has partnered with over 65 Fortune 500 companies, delivering positive change through entrepreneurship and bringing startups and corporates together to build and scale new businesses. Rainmaking has 8 offices across the globe and has launched over 25 ventures, including the world’s largest industry-focused accelerator program, Startupbootcamp. We are a global team of 100+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, developers, designers, and investors.
A Summary of this role
In the context of our accelerators and innovation programs around the world, your main focus will be assisting in documenting procedures and best practices in presentations, performing data analysis on spreadsheets, creating content for social media and posting using scheduling tools, assisting with various events, and communicating with various internal teams.
This is an Intern position in our office in Austin, TX.
Duration of internship: until 5/15/2020
Work hours: 3 days a week, in the afternoons (16.7 hours / week)
Pay: $15 / hour to a total of $1000 / month
Job location: 600 Congress Avenue, Austin, Texas 78701
This position requires you to have authorization to work in the US through the entire duration of internship.
What You Will Be Doing: responsibilities for this role include
- Redesigning PPTX and Google Slide presentations into our new design schemes
- We are working on developing some new processes and programs in our organization. The Innovation Associate will document the procedures and best practices of world-class accelerator programs we are running around the world. This will involve a large number of documents in various Microsoft and Google formats
- Executing marketing plan activities including social, search, email, and content distribution
- Assisting in writing copy for blog posts, website, and social media
- We need assistance with operational work as well, including managing surveys, analyzing spreadsheets, crafting emails to various teams internally
- We will hold some planning, organizing, and executing events over the next few months. We are launching some new startup programs around the world and you'll have a role in the execution of those programs
Qualifications for this role include:
- Proficiency in presentation tools PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) productivity tools
- Marketing: content creation and posting using scheduling tools (Buffer, Hootsuite), email marketing (Mailchimp, Keap), HubSpot CRM/Marketing skills are nice to have
- Clarity and persuasion in writing
- Ability to analyze data sets, identify patterns, and extract insights using Google Sheets
- Passionate about startups, technology, innovation, and people
- A self-starter, with good communication skills and a structured mindset to approaching problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player that loves working with different types of people in cross-functional teams and who is willing to help people around you to become even better
- Willingness to get involved, to explore and attempt, to meet deadlines, to engage with people, to question, and ultimately, to learn as you develop this role
What You'll Get from Rainmaking: why work with us
- Opportunity to learn about startups, accelerators, entrepreneurship, building ventures, and innovation from engaging professionals immersed in that ecosystem worldwide
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of skilled and fun people
- A great office environment, at a coworking space located in the heart of Austin
We are a fun company that moves fast just like any startup. This internship is valuable to any degree.
If this job resonates, we look forward to hearing from you!