Shape the world’s fastest growing online platform for shipping containers!
BOXHUB is an e-commerce and logistics startup, on a mission to revolutionise the way shipping containers are traded, transported, and used. By leveraging tech infrastructure and automation, we make the entire user experience and supply chain faster, cheaper, and more transparent for our customers.
Shipping containers are becoming the most sustainable and cheapest solution for many building and retail projects, with the container homes market alone projected to grow to USD 73BN per year. We believe by giving more customers better access to containers for alternative use cases, while improving the inherently broken supply chain, we can have huge positive impact on affordable housing and save thousands of tons of CO2 per year.
BOXHUB is well funded by some of the most successful investors in the tech industry, founded by long-term shipping industry experts, and led by award-winning entrepreneurs. We have product-market fit, are growing exponentially, and need exceptionally motivated talent to join our new HQ in Toronto.
Join us as our first ‘Product Manager’ and help us disrupt an entire industry! You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and work closely with management, engineering, sales, marketing, and logistics teams to drive our product strategy and development process.
- Set the overall long-term vision, strategy, and roadmap for our products
- Own all areas of product lifecycle, including discovery, UI/UX, experiments, go-live, data analysis
- Translate product strategy that is based on data and metrics into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Gain deep understanding of our customers and generate new ideas that drive growth, improve user experience, and fill product gaps
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Incorporate data analysis and feedback through testing and validation of concepts
- Write detailed user stories, identify edge cases, and partner closely with the engineering team to roll out features in an agile, continuous deployment environment
- Manage UI/UX testing and optimisation
- Be an expert with respect to competition, build awareness and understanding as an evangelist
- Minimum 5 years in product management, with 3-4 years leading the development of web platforms
- Logistics/transportation and marketplace experience preferred
- Analytical mindset, with ability to prioritise product strategy based on data, metrics, feedback, and KPI’s
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Deep empathetic understanding of user experience and user research
- Basic understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable platforms
- Knowledge of agile development and designing process flows
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Motivation to join a startup and love for building a business from scratch, with ability to see how a product and strategy can evolve
- Fantastic opportunity to help build and grow with a company at an early stage
- Work on something meaningful, with the ability to revolutionise an entire industry
- Flexible working hours and working from home half of the time
- Be a decision maker, with huge responsibility and freedom to operate
- Make a difference by contributing to impactful causes, like conserving the environment by reducing CO2 emissions or advancing affordable housing
- Join a multicultural team that has built successful startups around the world
- Flat hierarchy that is based on open feedback, trust, collaboration, and constructive criticism
- We offer visa and relocation support
CAD 100k+ depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
At BOXHUB, we believe diversity and representation are key to creating not only an exciting product but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this environment starts with hiring and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or any other aspect that makes you, you.