Program Director - Qatar SportsTech Accelerator
This is an unique opportunity to impact the sports industry and the entrepreneurial ecosystem of one of the fastest growing economic powerhouses in the world, Qatar.
Rainmaking is hiring a Program Director to run an innovation and accelerator program based in Doha, Qatar. The program is initiated by several leading institutions in Qatar in the entrepreneurial and sports industry. One of the key partners is the Supreme Committee, the organizing party leading up to the World Cup 2022. Through this program, we have a direct impact on sourcing technologies to be implemented on the World Cup 2022.
You will drive the entire program cycle. From strategic scoping together with our partners, to recruiting and selecting the startups. The end result is the delivery of a world class sportstech program, that will accelerate startups to new heights and increases the innovative capabilities and portfolio of our program partners. This really is a once in a lifetime job opportunity.
We’re looking for someone who ticks as many of the following boxes as possible:
- You are a great match with our strong and value driven culture (see below).
- You have 4-8 years of experience working with both startups / scaleups and in the corporate world, and ideally a background in professional- sports.
- You are familiar with the challenges and opportunities of both the startup and the corporate work environments.
- You are an experienced program leader and have managed complex projects.
- You have experience running programs such as accelerators, corporate incubators, innovation programs or startup challenges.
- You are organized and goal-oriented; you dive into the OKR’s set for the program and looking to collaborate with the team to achieve these goals.
- You display highly developed networking and communication skills. We work smart & play hard
- You think you are funny. You take your job very seriously, but yourself a little less…
- The work experience and ability to work with both partners and startups are more important than your degrees.
- We do have a preference for educated (msc/bsc) applicants
- The ambition to relocate to one of the most thriving ecosystems in Sports, Qatar.
What we offer
- A unique culture focusing on three strong values: being entrepreneurial, being impactful and being kind. Read our culture book here https://rainmaking.io/RM_culturebook.pdf
- A great deal of independence tied to a strong small company, highly supportive group
- A great working environment and awesome colleagues
- A fun and challenging role with lots of room to influence how things get done
- An opportunity to work with some of the world’s best startups transforming the sports industry
- A platform designed to create meaningful partnerships between startups and partners of the program
- A genuine path to be a happy and whole person with flexible and independent work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family
- You love startups, founders and technology
- You want to improve athletes, both professional and amateur, fans and tourist’s experiences in Sports
- You love mentoring and influencing startup founders
- You have empathy for both big companies and government institutions and their strengths and weaknesses
- You like to travel to meet and engage with the promising tech companies in Sports
- You are an influencer with advanced communication skills
- You are an independent self starter… but you enjoy being part of a family
- You are a superb networkerYou ideally have a background in professional sports
- You can lead a small, effective team towards success.
About Rainmaking Innovation
- We are the people behind Startupbootcamp, the global accelerator with 75 programs on four continents behind us
- We are a fast growing innovation execution engine
- We are a partnership of serial entrepreneurs with a mix of corporate and startup backgrounds
- We started building startups in 2007 in Copenhagen, Denmark and have since launched 35 startups
- We are 150+ passionate innovators distributed across 12 offices
- We’ve worked with 100 of the Fortune 500
- We’re at the intersection of startups, corporates, investors and talent
- Read about Rainmaking http://bit.ly/RainmakingInno
Seniority Level: Manager
Industry: Sports, Tech, Management Consulting
Employment Type : Full-time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Contact the job poster
Koen Bosma, Global Lead SportsTech