Senior Sales Manager, Corporate Innovation
At Rainmaking Innovation, our mission is to realise the massive entrepreneurial potential at the crossover between the corporate & startup worlds. We believe the greatest value can be unlocked by combining the scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups. We bring our entrepreneurial experience and global network, to co-invest with ambitious corporates. We only succeed when our partners see tangible, commercial results, designing and executing a balanced portfolio of innovation initiatives for each Business Unit.
We help corporations embed an entrepreneurial culture. We train teams with practical entrepreneurial skills. We help companies to meaningfully engage with startups. And, we partner to collaboratively build digital products, and launch new ventures, startup style.
Rainmaking Innovation has partnered with over 65 Fortune 500 companies, delivering positive change through entrepreneurship and bringing startups and corporates together to build and scale new businesses.
Rainmaking has 8 offices across the globe and has launched over 25 ventures employing over 400 people including the world’s largest industry focused accelerator programme, Startupbootcamp. We are a global team of 200+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, developers, designers, and investors.
Your main area of focus will be focused on generating sales and opportunities with our corporate partners to unlock new commercial value.
- Responsible for developing a healthy commercial pipeline, strategically identifying new sales prospects and opportunities
- Responsible for developing annual and medium-term strategies, objectives and plans to achieve profitability and business growth targets
- Supporting sales efforts by responding to proposal requests, creating collateral and delivering workshops and events
- Conduct research and business development activities alongside building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Reach out to potential leads and acquire more projects
- Contribute to thought leadership content creation and sharing
- Represent Rainmaking at client, industry and innovation events
We’re looking for someone who ticks as many of the following boxes as possible, and the first one is non-negotiable :
- You are a great match with our strong and value driven culture (see below)
- You have minimum 5 years work experience in Innovation Consulting, Business Development, Sales and Client-facing roles.
- You have strong knowledge of the Corporate Innovation (CI) landscape in Singapore and globally - know key players, competitors, strategic accounts, trends and opportunities.
- You have exposure and experience in selling CI solutions
- You have a broad understanding of the startup ecosystem and understand startup stages of growth, key actors, basis of venture building, etc.
- You are resourceful, results-oriented, able to perform individually as well as in a team to achieve overall targets and goals
- You can communicate and present credibly and effectively, comfortable with public speaking and have experience interacting with C-suite.
- You are highly adaptable, a quick learner and a self-starter
- A multi-stakeholder role, you have high IQ, EQ, excellent communication skills and tact.
- Evidence of an interest in startups through work or side projects
- A strong academic record and willingness to continue learning
- Enthusiastic team player that loves working with different types of people in cross-functional teams and who is willing to help people around you to become even better
- Excellent written and spoken English
Why Work With Us
- A unique culture focusing on three strong values: being entrepreneurial, being impactful and being kind. Read our culture book here https://rainmaking.io/RM_culturebook.pdf
- Opportunity to learn about cutting edge strategy at the intersection of corporates and startups
- Opportunity to rapidly take on responsibility and shape the direction of the company
- Access to a global network with innovative startups and early stage companies in every major startup ecosystem worldwide
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people
- A great office environment, at a coworking space located in the heart of Singapore surrounded by startups and ecosystem players
- Be a happy and whole person with flexible work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family
- Rainmaking does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.