Investment Analyst Intern
Motion Ventures /
About Motion Ventures
Motion Ventures is a strategic global venture investment fund designed for industry adoption to scale innovation, with a focus on early-stage investments. We are, by design, focused on giving our portfolio companies the best chance to succeed through a deep global network of Fortune 500 corporate partners, government agencies and decision makers.
The Investment Analyst will play a central role in deal sourcing, deal screening
and performing investment due diligence.
- Sourcing and Qualification
- Outreach and ongoing communication with founders and CEOs
- Identifying and nurturing venture capital investment opportunities
- Assist existing Motion Ventures (and generate new) relationship development efforts with other VCs and ecosystem partners (eg financial institutions, accelerators, service providers and government / industry associations)
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth investment theses research
- Evaluating investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, and preparing investment memos
What You Will Need to Demonstrate
- Ability to communicate and sell new ideas and strategy insights clearly and using strong narratives to convince senior decision makers
- Team player with strong leadership skills - you take ownership of your team and their work and you are willing to help people around you to become even better
- Great work ethic and attention to detail
- A life-long and quick learner
- Aware of different cultural sensitivities and with international experience within APAC
- Great match with our strong and value driven culture
- A structured mindset and are a critical thinker
- A hands on and self-starter working style
- Strong accountability and ownership mindset
- Passion for working with early-stage companies, great instincts, and a unique perspective
- Understanding and demonstrated practice of lean startup and/or design thinking methodology
- Experience in financial modelling and data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You must be a self-starter, analytical and comfortable expressing your point-of-view
- We are looking for candidates that are curious, eager to understand how evolving industries create opportunity for new technology and to imagine the business models that will thrive in those future markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Economics, or a technical field preferred
It will be an energizing environment. You will get to meet and learn from amazing people and accelerate yourself alongside super talented entrepreneurs. You’ll be a key part of a team that creates a huge positive impact through entrepreneurship. We believe in the ventures we are building and the growth trajectory and vision we are pursuing; we are going to disrupt the norm and change the way people interact within an industry. You’ll play a significant role in that!
Finally, let's remember that “if we’re not having fun, we’re doing it wrong.” As such, we take our work seriously but not ourselves.
Starting Date: May 2021