Venture COO (Maritime, IoT)
Rainmaking Ventures is a venture development company. We create, accelerate, and scale new businesses with world leading corporations and entrepreneurs. Our model allows us to combine scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups.
We are building a new spin-out venture for the maritime industry that is backed by a global industry group.
The venture is created around an IoT product with state-of-the-art technology that has been tested with customers and soon ready to be scaled in the industry through existing global distribution channels.
We are now looking for a co-founding COO (Chief Operating Officer) who will work closely with the CEO supported by our venture team and our industry partner to scale and lead this venture.
The COO should be a data-driven and analytical person that owns the structure and process execution, ensuring that strategy gets acted on, in the right order.
Operations & Execution
- Responsible for managing the daily operations
- Build and maintain a scalable operational model
- Support the CEO in selecting vendors and infrastructure
- Support CEO in setting product prices based on company goals and market status
- Accountable for all the Operations KPIs
- With CEO, manage P&L of the business and cash flow
- Evangelize venture products in industry events
- As part of the management team, contribute to the overall strategy
- Contribute to product sales, continuous development, and market penetration
- Review and propose partnerships to create efficiencies and reduce operational costs
- Identify and tap on potential channel and distribution partners
- Ensure good management and dialogue with stakeholders and customers
- Identify new potential clients
- Attract, motivate and develop operational team
- Inculcate high performance and innovative mindset
Desired Expertise & Experience
- We are looking for an individual who is a Maritime Technology Professional, having worked in the maritime Industry and has experience in executing Digital solutions for ships and/or offshore.
- Comprehensive experience in various Maritime Industry verticals including Technical and Commercial Shipping. Thorough understanding and experience of Technical shipping operations on-board the vessels and ashore.
- Understanding of New Maritime technologies including advanced data analytics, Vessel Connectivity and Communication, IoT sensors, Edge computing, Cyber security etc.
- Strong understanding of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality aspects of Maritime Operations.
- Negotiation skills, stakeholder management and integration of Channel partners. Experience with contract and vendor management, contract negotiations and customer interface.
- Ideally you have experience with IoT or other new technologies in the maritime industry, either via purchasing and implementation or producing and selling
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with some of the most experienced venture builders, strategists, engineers, designers and growth experts around.
- Attractive combination of salary + equity package (hint; you should be in it for equity)
- High degree of responsibility and freedom
- Be on the forefront of maritime innovation and technology
If you see yourself as the perfect match, or you have any questions regarding the position, we would love to hear from you.
Learn more about us at rainmaking.io