Program Director - Trade with Impact (Singapore)
This is a unique opportunity to impact world trade by enabling the application of transformative technology at the intersection of leading startups and both private corporations and state & regulatory institutions.
Rainmaking is hiring a Program Director to run an innovation program based in Singapore. The program is backed by a consortium of private corporations as well as by key eco-system partners. The program is a highly business oriented, structured and focused approach to forcing partnerships to test, implement and deploy the latest technology to address large industry challenges.
You will drive the entire program cycle from scoping the program themes, recruiting and selecting the startups, and managing the delivery of a world class program. You may also have the capability to continue to build and strengthen the program’s position in the market by liaising with state and national regulatory institutions and by growing the pool of corporate partners.
We’re looking for someone who ticks as many of the following boxes as possible
- You are a great match with our strong and value driven culture (see below).
- You have 5-10 years of experience working in heavy industry.
- You have worked with both startups / scaleups and in the corporate world, ideally as a top tier consultant
- You are familiar with the challenges and opportunities of both the startup and the corporate work environments.
- You are an experienced program leader and have managed complex projects.
- You have experience running programs such as accelerators, corporate incubators, innovation programs or startup challenges.
- You are organized, action- and service-oriented; you are a self starter with focus on execution and speed.
- You display highly developed networking and communication skills.
- You have excellent business development skills and a high degree of commercial understanding and cultural sensitivity.
What we offer
- A unique culture focusing on three strong values: being entrepreneurial, being impactful and being kind. Read our culture book here https://rainmaking.io/RM_culturebook.pdf
- A great deal of independence tied to a strong small company, highly supportive group
- A great working environment and awesome colleagues
- A fun and challenging role with lots of room to influence how things get done
- An opportunity to work with some of the world’s best startups transforming an industry
- A platform designed to create meaningful partnerships between startups and partners of the program
- Amazing growth opportunities
- A genuine path to be a happy and whole person with flexible and independent work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family
- You love startups, founders and technology
- You want to improve people's lives by driving innovation in world trade, transport and supply chains
- You are passionate about SDGs and impacting the world positively
- You love mentoring and influencing startup founders
- You are an influencer with advanced communication skills
- You are an independent self starter… but you enjoy being part of a family
About Rainmaking Innovation
- We are the people behind Startupbootcamp, the global accelerator with 75 programs on four continents behind us
- We are a fast growing innovation execution engine
- We are a partnership of serial entrepreneurs with a mix of corporate and startup backgrounds
- We started building startups in 2007 in Copenhagen, Denmark and have since launched 35 startups
- We are 150+ passionate innovators distributed across 12 offices
- We’ve worked with 100 of the Fortune 500
- We’re at the intersection of startups, corporates, investors and talent
- Read about Rainmaking http://bit.ly/RainmakingInno
Seniority Level: Director
Industry: Internet, Tech, Transport, Maritime, Supply chain, Logistics
Employment Type : Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology, Management, Business Development
Job Location: Singapore