Project Manager - Innovation Strategy
Do you want to help corporates identify innovation opportunities and create new businesses? Are you excited about strategising the future of industries and creating innovation roadmaps? Do you have at least 5 years of combined strategy consulting and corporate experience? Are you genuine, honest and capable of building strong working relationships within your team and with c-suite stakeholders? If yes, then read on - you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
At Rainmaking we build businesses for our corporate clients. We do so by relentlessly focusing on solving business problems. That's where we uncover opportunities and economic and strategic value. Where Rainmaking is special is that we focus on discovering value which may not yet be visible to the market. Our company DNA is that of entrepreneurs, leveraging startup methodology and mindsets to tackle problems differently. We look at opportunities from the lens of emerging business models, value chain shifts, technology drivers, and most importantly customer pain points.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join Rainmaking’s to lead innovation strategy projects as well as manage the execution of the proposed innovation portfolio.
The strategy piece will inform our view of the market, identify growth opportunities for the corporate and form the basis for them to deploy a portfolio of innovation initiatives. As a Project Manager in Innovation Strategy, you will study industry trends, extracting critical information, analysing and writing up macro-shifts, scouting and analysing relevant startups in the industry and conducting customer interviews. The result of which will support our view on how an industry is changing, and most importantly, the role an organisation can play in that future.
- Lead and structure the strategy project and the insights to be delivered
- Manage a team of one to two analysts to deliver the project
- Conduct industry research and extract key trends and learnings that work to inform our strategic opinion
- Generate insights about a client’s position within an industry, accounting for traditional and startup competition
- Gather thoughts from industry leaders and startup founders through interviews
- Create collateral that supports better internal knowledge transfer and stronger engagement with new and existing clients
Experience & skills
- Minimum 5 years experience in strategy, management or innovation consulting or private equity.
- Data collection and analysis experience including interviews, surveys, market reports and analytical modelling
- Experience owning and leading a project and structuring analysis and presentation of results
- Experience managing a small team of analysts/consultants
- Evidence of an interest in startups through work or side projects
- A strong academic record and willingness to continue learning
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Organisational skills and experience working on multiple projects with cross functional teams
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills, able to communicate information credibly and effectively and detail oriented
- Bachelors & Masters degree preferred from a top-tier university.
- Passionate about topics such as startups, technology, venture capital and innovation
- A self-starter, with good communication and excellent writing skills with a structured mindset to approaching problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player that enjoys working with different types of people in cross-functional teams
- A hunger for learning and development. Rainmakers are united by their desire to constantly grow both personally and professionally
Starting Date: ASAP
Requirements: this is a 3-month contract to deliver a specific innovation strategy project with support from our team, ideal for PR or DP holders looking for a short-term opportunity to explore innovation and/or a new industry in a fun and driven work environment. Opportunity to extend the contract depending on individual performance and opportunities coming out from assignment.