Founder - Energy
Do you want to create new businesses and help build new ventures with corporate partners? Are you curious and obsessed with solving big problems ? Are you genuine, honest and capable of building strong working relationships within your team and with c-suite stakeholders ? If yes, then read on - you could be exactly who we’re looking for.
Rainmaking has partnered with one of the world's largest electricity and energy providers to launch new ventures in APAC. We are seeking Founders to lead the development of these ventures, which will be identified and validated together with Rainmaking.
In the first 3 months you will work hand in hand with Rainmaking’s team to identify and validate a venture opportunity within the Energy, Facility Management, Project Financing and related industries. You will leverage your experience as an entrepreneur to successfully define, validate and sell a venture concept to the corporate’s board. Supported by our experienced team of venture builders, you will be responsible for collecting data and proof points to support the venture pitch and define the roadmap and execution plan for the launch.
With funding and support from the corporate, you will be responsible to set up all operations, build the team, develop the business activities and gain market leadership. This is where your entrepreneurial journey will truly start. As a Founder you are fully responsible for the business and hold a personal stake in the venture’s equity.
This is a unique opportunity as you will benefit from Rainmaking’s expertise and support to set the direction of the venture. At the same time, you will be able to leverage the corporate’s assets, knowledge and capital to create an unfair advantage and gain traction for the new venture.
- Minimum 5 years of combined professional experience in strategy, startups, business planning and/or venture building
- Demonstrable experience building something new i.e new revenue lines, hobby projects, side businesses or own startup
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up or corporate environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams
- A bachelor’s degree (engineering, business, psychology, economics, strategy or equivalent from a top-tier institution preferred)
- Masters Degree is preferred (postgraduate, MBA or equivalent)
- Experience in related fields or industries is a plus (i.e. Energy, Project Finance, Building & Engineering Services etc.)
What you will need to demonstrate
- Strong track record of personal and professional achievements
- Entrepreneurial Drive and grit to perform under pressure and uncertainty
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Ability to communicate and sell new ideas and strategic insights clearly, using strong narratives to convince senior decision makers
- Credibility engaging with executives and board members
- Complex problem solving skills : we are looking for individuals able to solve problems in a creative way
- Strategic and critical thinking as well as an ability to structure and analyse business processes
- Financial management acumen
- Passion and motivation Independence and flexibility
Details of the employment: For the first few months, the corporate will give you an individual grant of $5000 SGD per month. Once you have a solid team and a validated idea, the corporate will invest into your company for an equity stake. You will keep a percentage of the ownership.
Employment start: Two cohorts of founders will be recruited. Founders must be available to start in: June 2020 or September 2020
Rainmaking is a global corporate innovation and venture development firm. In APAC, we co-create and scale new business with leading corporate partners, out of offices in Singapore, Australia and Japan.
Since 2010, we have invested in and helped scale over 800 startups via our industry focused accelerator, Startupbootcamp. Additionally, we've built 27 of our own ventures. These ventures have generated over £250m in revenues, raised over £45m in external venture capital, and had more than 70% of our venture portfolio returning capital.
It will be an energising environment. It will be challenging, entrepreneurial and at times scrappy. You will get to meet and work with passionate people, enthused by starting high-value new ventures. You will be valued, appreciated and believed in.
Values & Culture
Rainmaking has built a strong ethical codex. It encompasses not just what we do, but how we do it. Our values can be summarised through; be entrepreneurial, be kind, be impactful. It’s all about how you engage with people that makes the difference. Just as we hope you are the one to make a difference, we want to make sure that our values are aligned.
Please read the Rainmaking Culture Book here: https://rainmaking.io/RM_culturebook.pdf