Customer Success Manager
Reports to: VP of Customer Success
Salary: Competitive base salary, plus commission based on retention and upsells
About this awesome role
Having grown quickly over the last 2 years, we are now investing heavily in our Customer Success Team. As a Customer Success Manager you will be instrumental in identifying how Raising IT can help our clients get the most value possible out of their relationship with us and in turn, converting that into retention and upsells. Working closely with the VP of Customer Success, you'll be responsible for the success of a group of our clients, and for identifying and implementing scalable and repeatable ways to increase the impact they can achieve using our product. The role will be a commission-based role and you will be targeted on the number of retentions and upsells achieved.
What you'll be doing
- Developing and growing relationships with all assigned clients, helping them to get the most from the platform
- Negotiating contract renewals, and demonstrating value of additional products and services to clients with the objective of maximising retention and upsells
- Demoing product features and creatively solving platform issues so that clients can generate additional value
- Development of new playbooks and strategies for our CS team
- Analysis of the performance of your client portfolio, to decide which of your clients need what help, when and how to deliver that support
- Depending upon your experience, developing and delivering marketing campaigns in collaboration with or for clients
- Working with other teams in Raising IT to support your clients with their wider digital marketing needs, including support, strategy and other marketing services teams
- Assisting the VP of Customer Success and the rest of the team in improving our client offering
What we're looking for
- High levels of emotional intelligence are critical for this role - we’ll want you to be able to empathise with our client’s situations and experiences; rapidly build strong relationships with them, even if using technology for contact; be able to diffuse difficult situations; all while having a kindness in your communications that shows patience and optimism
- You have significant experience in a customer-facing role, ideally in a Customer Success team within a SaaS environment
- You have high levels of commercial acumen that allow you to translate relationships into concrete retentions and upsells
- You need to be able to thrive and be resilient under pressure, whilst dealing with multiple competing priorities and demanding clients
- You have an entrepreneurial and ownership mindset and get a buzz from delivering value for our clients and for Raising IT
- You have great organisational skills and you’re a proven achiever who can get things done autonomously; you’ll also value the efficiency that comes from processes and use of technology to manage relationships
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to apply different styles to different situations - particularly you need to be able to explain technical solutions to non-technical individuals
- You care about charities and can demonstrate this in your application and interview
- You may have experience within a digital marketing and website development environment, and if not you can demonstrate a passion for learning about the wider digital world and how this can help our clients.
Raising IT is transforming the way the not-for-profit sector market themselves to increase their income and impact. We’re the largest provider of charity web tools, working with over 500 amazing clients such as Street League, Lepra and Hubbub.
We’re a rare breed of company that combines making a massive difference to important causes with being an exciting fast-growth tech company. We’re looking for people to join our caring and passionate team to come on our journey of building a world-changing, world-class company.
Why we should work together
We’re solving a big problem. The nonprofit sector is a multi trillion dollar industry that spends a great deal on old school marketing approaches. We’re working to create systemic change so that more money can be directed to the vital front-line services charities provide.
We’ve grown quickly to become the market leader in the UK, and are uniquely positioned to continue our rapid expansion. We have all the benefits that come with working at a dynamic tech start-up. Great Shoreditch HQ, a vibrant workplace with regular socials, a relaxed and caring atmosphere that puts our staff first and most importantly a knowledge that every day you’re working to make a big difference to important causes we care about.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.