Experienced Sales Manager Australia
Many salespeople are drawn to the financial rewards of a sales roles, but also hunger to do something more closely aligned with their values. This role currently being offered by Joyful (Aus) offers the opportunity to have the best of both worlds – providing the financial incentives that come with a commercial role with an opportunity to work with charities to help them maximise the good they do in the world. It also provides fantastic career development opportunities in a brand new office where senior leadership positions will be up for grabs.
Having become the leading provider of website, online fundraising and social media technologies to charities in the UK, with over 600 charity clients and achieving 1000% growth in 3 years, Raising IT have launched in Australia branded as Joyful with Raising IT in the UK soon to follow suit to become Joyful. We are therefore looking for an intelligent, articulate salesperson, who can take a model that has already been proven to work and have a clean run at an entirely new market.
There will also be opportunities for the most successful Sales Manager to progress into becoming the Sales Lead for the entire Australia office and lead the team once they have proven themselves.
Reporting directly to the regional Managing Director, you will be responsible for pitching new charities, demoing our product to them and closing them as clients. We will also grow a team who will be dedicated to setting up meetings for you to ensure that you have constant pipeline and can focus 100% on closing deals.
The role will be highly incentivised based on sales made.
What you'll be doing
- Providing high-level product demos of our website and online fundraising platform to prospective charity clients
- Persuasively overcoming objections that clients raise during and after the demo to demonstrate the value of our product offering
- Building strong relationships with your prospects and taking responsibility for the full life-cycle between product demo to closed contract
- Guiding the Sales Development Reps who are setting up meetings for you to ensure you maximise your pipeline
- Liaising with our technical and delivery teams to articulate the prospective client’s requirements and ensure they can be delivered
- Providing active feedback to the regional Managing Director on which strategies are working best to help optimise our processes
- The most successful Sales Manager will also be offered the opportunity to progress to a Sales Lead role within 3 months of joining, leading the team. However, all Sales Managers will have an opportunity to provide leadership in the newly formed regional office and get in on the ground level of a fast-growing team.
What we're looking for
- We are looking for intelligent, resourceful, caring people who genuinely care about the charity sector and these may come from many backgrounds. However, the ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years sales experience managing the full lifecycle of deals all the way up to closing the contract
- Experience selling technology platforms and providing high-level product demos
- Experience selling to the charity sector or skills that you believe can be transferable to selling to this sector
- A caring nature that allows you to develop a genuine passion for working with charities
- High levels of intelligence, a flair for thinking on your feet and the capability to articulately persuade people of the value of our product
- An ambitious and self-motivated attitude that will allow you to contribute to the entrepreneurial approach of our new office
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and an ability to hold your own in conversations with C-level executives
- A mindset that thrives on targets and is motivated by the opportunity that an uncapped commission structure offers.
Raising IT (currently rebranding as Joyful) is transforming the way the not-for-profit sector market themselves to increase their income and impact. We’re the largest provider of charity web tools, working with over 500 amazing clients such as Street League, Lepra and Hubbub. We're now launching in new international markets with the first being Australia and we'll be establishing a new office in Melbourne!
We’re a rare breed of company that combines making a massive difference to important causes with being an exciting fast-growth tech company. We’re looking for people to join our caring and passionate team to come on our journey of building a world-changing, world-class company.
Why we should work together
We’re solving a big problem. The nonprofit sector is a multi trillion dollar industry that spends a great deal on old school marketing approaches. We’re working to create systemic change so that more money can be directed to the vital front-line services charities provide.
We’ve grown quickly to become the market leader in the UK, and are uniquely positioned to continue our rapid expansion in Australia. We have all the benefits that come with working at a dynamic tech start-up. We're establishing a great Melbourne CBS location, a vibrant workplace with regular socials, a relaxed and caring atmosphere that puts our staff first and most importantly a knowledge that every day you’re working to make a big difference to important causes we care about.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.