Welcome to Zenith
Zenith is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game built for VR that combines adrenaline-pumping action-adventure gameplay with a colorful open world. Think WoW meets Dark Souls, with an anime-inspired, JRPG twist.
We are looking for a QA Analyst who will ensure the features we ship are functional, performant, and fun. You'll work alongside the founders, engineering team, and art team to create test plans, verify fixes, and explore every corner of the world of Zenith. Day-to-day responsibilities include coordinating bug fixes with engineers, launching test servers, and testing out gameplay features. You’ll become an expert on our combat and ability systems, crafting systems, locomotion systems (including climbing and gliding), social features, and more!
We won't pull any punches -- this is going to be a demanding but incredibly rewarding role where you'll be pushed to reach your full potential. After all, we're looking to fundamentally change the way games are played. We're looking for passionate explorers that are excited to build something totally new together and all that entails.
- Test game software alongside our engineering and art teams
- Identify, isolate, and communicate issues/defects effectively and efficiently
- Create and execute test cases for various scenarios
- Coordinate playtests with small groups of testers and record outcomes/feedback
- Perform regression testing
- Verify bug fixes
- Manage the QA pipeline and ensure bugs get fixed in a timely manner
- 2+ years testing experience in gaming QA
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with writing clear technical documentation
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- QA experience with VR platforms
- Working knowledge of task/bug tracking software (Jira, Asana, or similar)
- Intimate knowledge of World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV, or other MMORPG titles
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python (1+ year of experience)
- 1+ year of Unity (or other game development engine) experience
- Experience with passing First Party VR Submission standards (Sony, Oculus, etc.) for at least 1 shipped title
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in game/software development
- Worked on at least 1 released game title
- Experience leading small team projects
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Company Game Jams
About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.