Growth and Community Lead
Zenith is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game built for VR that combines adrenaline-pumping action-adventure gameplay with a colorful open world. Think WoW meets Dark Souls, with an anime-inspired, JRPG twist.
We’re looking for a Growth Marketer with a love for community to help our fellow earthlings make the migration to Zenith. You will be responsible for both growth hacking and experimentation to grow our user base, as well as providing a highly welcoming and fun community to keep our users retained.
You will be responsible for an absolutely critical function of our company. The ideal candidate for this role thinks like an entrepreneur because ultimately, MMORPGs are as much about the community as the game itself. If you thrive with an awesome amount of responsibility and accountability, you'll love working with us.
We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with understanding player behavior through learning and experimentation, because above all, you will have to bootstrap the entire growth process on your own.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role, such as (but not limited to) computer science, data science, mathematical modeling.
- 2+ years experience running paid user acquisition campaigns and analyzing efficiency and other KPIs
- Experience running social media campaigns and managing content pipelines.
- Demonstrable experience managing and growing a community, preferably on Discord.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive prelaunch community growth by leveraging social platforms like Reddit, Twitter, and Instagram, Imgur, and others.
- Manage and grow all our social media channels including email, Discord, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Build our influencer/streamer marketing campaign by working with influencers to build viral video content.
- Ideate and execute on growth experiments, using funnel analysis and multivariate testing to measure success.
- Manage our Discord, working with a team of moderators to create a fun, and engaging community space for all.
- Be the “Voice of the Community” by providing weekly community feedback reports by performing user research and sentiment analysis.
- Coordinate and launch community events, games, and sweepstakes to drive engagement and collect feedback.
- Create and run our closed Alpha, Beta, and Launch community strategies.
- An obsession with VR and video games.
- An entrepreneurial background -- you’ve started your own company, or done something really cool that was all yours.
- Experience working fully remote, and working with smaller teams.
- Ability to produce and edit video content.
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game that is cross platform for VR, desktop, and console.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Want to attend PAX or E3? Once a year, we'll schedule a corporate trip for anyone who wants to go and hang out, while working together.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Company Game Jams
About once per quarter, travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working , playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.