San Francisco Bay Area /
We’re looking for an experienced Gameplay Engineer to create the next reality together.
You could be the one if...
You are very fast at prototyping features, but understand enough about software architecture to scale to production level code. You love to solve complex, and shifting problem sets as the company grows.
You have a thirst to learn extremely quickly, and be ready to wear a lot of engineering hats.
You possess a borderline irrational love of games. This is not just a job -- you are on a mission to create a believable world for millions to live inside.
Our goal is no less than creating the most immersive MMORPG experience ever created. We’re looking for engineers that are passionate about world-building, problem solving, and creating incredibly memorable gaming experiences for our players.
- Architect, prototype, and build networked gameplay loops and systems on client and server.
- Optimize client side performance to hit mobile performance budgets.
- Implement VFX, SFX, lighting, environment and character art assets and animations.
- Develop and script AI and enemy monster behavior, and encounters.
- User Interface programming and design.
- One or more shipped gaming titles, especially in VR.
- 5 years of work experience.
- Strong, Unity engine experience.
- Advanced C# programming skills.
- Experience developing on network game architectures
- Experience with graphics APIs and shader languages.
- Understand game design and theory.
- Networking or Unity ECS development experience.
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features.
- Technical Art pipeline experience, importing, optimizing, working with environment and character artists.
- Experience in game physics, game AI, game security, or netcode.
- Anime nerds, sci-fi buffs, game freaks, and fantasy geeks welcome!
About Ramen VR
Have you heard of Ready Player One? Well, we're building it for real people:
We're building the next reality featuring an infinite universe where millions of people can build new lives together in a gorgeous, cyberpunk and inspired world. We're starting with Zenith, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game out on all major VR platform.
Ramen VR was started in early 2019 in the Bay Area by Andy and Lauren, gaming tech engineers with decades of combined experience at Google, Unity, OpenFeint, and some very successful mobile and social games.
We're funded by some of the best investors and gaming entrepreneurs in the world including YCombinator, The Makers Fund, Twitch COO Kevin Lin, and Kabam Cofounder Holly Liu and also the most successful VR Gaming Kickstarter of all time.
We believe great games change the world for the better. Great games inspire creativity, teach grit, and most importantly, build community.
Why Work At Ramen VR?
Create the next reality
Every startup claims they are changing the world. How often do you find one that's building an entirely new reality? Also, we're such a small team, that you'll be working from and learning directly from the founders every day.
We Love Games
Have a favorite game coming out? Take a day off on launch day. We'll even buy you the deluxe version of the game. Play the game, and just do a short write-up to teach us what you learned. Join weekly game lunches where we bond and play games together as a team.
Need to walk the dog, take care of your kids, or just want to live where you are? Work remotely from anywhere in the world.
Travel somewhere in the world with us, and live in a big house together for a week, all expenses paid. Spend time working, playing games, exploring a new country, and growing together.
For full-time employees, we offer unlimited PTO, full coverage health insurance (for you and dependents) if you're based in the US, an annual health & wellness stipend for non-US based folks, annual tech stipends to use towards VR or equipment and more.