Retail Brand Manager
Austin, TX /
Co-founded by The University of Texas alumni Brian Murphy & Quentin Cantu, Ranch Rider was conceived in the back of a food truck, and launched officially in January of 2020. On a search for shift drinks that weren’t loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners, they began mixing and taste-testing beverages with premium spirits, and fresh citrus to share with their friends & customers. The brand has since seen a considerable amount of initial growth and success throughout Texas and is expanding into new markets.
Ranch Rider is looking to expand the marketing team with the addition of a Retail Brand Manager. This person should have deep knowledge of the Alcohol and CPG industry Point of sale materials and timelines. This role will be responsible for managing suppliers and purchases to meet the needs of brand, sales and field marketing teams and will drive value through innovative negotiations and partnerships.
The role will report into the Brand Director.
- Lead the bidding process, negotiating pricing/terms and conditions, and final contract award and implementation for all vendors.
- Lead category sourcing and contract negotiations
- Promote and encourage cross functional participation from all areas of Sales, Marketing and business unit functions in order to maximize total cost reduction & technical optimization
- Intake needs from Sales & Field Marketing Teams and create additional assets as needed (within budget) based on approved creative
- Serve as the marketing lead for all sales collateral, retail programming assets, retail tasting programs, coupons/IRCs and retailer specific pull initiatives
- Work with vendors to ensure all assets uphold the Ranch Rider brand and quality standards, meet the timing communicated to teams, and track towards the overall budget
- Meet with Brand/Experiential Directors bi-weekly to report internal asks and provide solutions
- Manage 3PL vendor and provide quality assurance
- Complex problem solving with and creative solution implementation experience
- Minimum 3+ years experience within the alcohol industry 5+ years experience in CPG retail marketing
- Experience with retail and on-premise POS production and lead times
- Experience establishing networks and building relationships
- Excellent analytical skills and a structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills