Vice President of Marketing
Austin, TX /
Co-founded by University of Texas alumni Brian Murphy & Quentin Cantu, Ranch Rider was conceived in the back of a food truck, and launched officially in January of 2020. On a search for shift drinks that weren’t loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners, they began mixing and taste-testing beverages with premium spirits, sparkling water and fresh-squeezed citrus to share with their customers. The brand has since exploded in popularity and is currently distributed in 14 markets across the US.
Ranch Rider is an independent, employee-owned & operated company based in Austin, TX.
We are seeking an experienced business leader to lead our marketing team as the Vice President of Marketing. This role is a member of our leadership team and manages the Ranch Rider Spirits brand and marketing strategy from start to finish. The Vice President will drive alignment on strategy and achievement of business results, drive go-to-market plans and execute cross-functionally on those plans. All while building collaborative relationships across the business. To be successful in this role you should have several years experience working in the alc/bev industry and be willing to relocate to Austin, TX.
The Vice President of Marketing reports directly to the Co-Founder/Chief Revenue Officer.
- Lead the marketing team: recruit, hire and train best-in-talent talent to round out our highly motivated and successful marketing team
- Allocate employee time, marketing and trade spend efficiently & effectively
- Create meaningful brand experiences to ensure that social and word of mouth are top drivers of our business
- Ensure we achieve our yearly strategic imperatives and case depletion goals while maintaining the long-term viability of the brand
- Set up systems and make informed decisions to build a beloved, hundred year brand that makes the world a better place
- Spearhead the Brand Planning and Innovation processes
- Integrate and collaborate seamlessly with Finance, Operations & Sales
- Maintain a KPI dashboard in collaboration with our Growth Marketing Manager
- Analyze the impact of our marketing activity with an open mind
- Generate consumer demand and pull in all markets we enter
- Manage our retail marketing initiatives: improve our impact at retail through meaningful product samplings, best-in-class displays and retail training initiatives
- Constantly identify and understand our consumer; their wants, desires, needs and motivations
- Enable the Ranch Rider sales team to effectively and consistently convey our programming and value proposition to our retail and distributor partners
- Minimum 5+ years of marketing experience in BevAlc with an additional 3+ years in CPG
- Willingness to relocate to Austin, TX
- Comfortability with a start-up environment & you are able to take charge during ambiguous situations
- Experience analyzing data and reviewing Nielsen, media, social & PR performance
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and problem solve quickly in a changing and dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills within all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate and influence others
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: Full-time employees are eligible to earn an annual bonus, competitive employee salaries
- Time Off: Full-time employees have a generous PTO policy and 9 paid holidays
- Health & Wellness: Full-time employees’ medical, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% (employee + dependents covered at a lower premium), monthly employee wellness reimbursement
- Learning & Development: Full-time employees receive a professional development stipend
- Team Events: Monthly team events with local partners