Director of Sales, Northeast
NYC Metro, NY /
Co-founded by University of Texas alumni Brian Murphy & Quentin Cantu, Ranch Rider was conceived in the back of a food truck, and launched officially in January of 2020. On a search for shift drinks that weren’t loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners, they began mixing and taste-testing beverages with premium spirits, sparkling water and fresh-squeezed citrus to share with their customers. The brand has since exploded in popularity and is currently distributed in 14 markets across the US.
Ranch Rider is an independent, employee-owned & operated company based in Austin, TX.
We are looking to expand our sales leadership team with the addition of a Sales Director role in order to further establish the Ranch Rider brand and drive trial and awareness in new markets for 2022. This role will work closely with the EVP of Sales, Sales Directors, and the Leadership Team to increase market share and grow the Ranch Rider brand’s presence across the US. This role will also work closely with Regional Managers and Territory Managers within their region, as well as the other internal divisions within the Ranch Rider Spirits Company, to deliver on quarterly sales goals and sales specific KPIs. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, astute observer who is punctual, professional, and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit. They are well versed in managing a multi footprint marketplace of distributors . This individual has leadership skills with the experience of managing a team of more than 5 and has an extensive knowledge of pricing, marketing, forecasting, and operational attributes.
This role reports to the Executive Vice President of Sales.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve all sales targeted goals and KPI’s
- Create and communicate sales goals and ensure sales team are informed on the progress & the necessary tools to achieve
- Manage all budgets effectively and work closely with the sales teams to ensure compliance
- Develop and manage productive key relationships with all distributor partners
- Develop and communicate a plan to success with all distributor partners and manage each with guidance and accountability to achieve
- Work closely with counterparts for sharing best practices
- Understand the competitive landscape and work to make the necessary adjustments
- Understand and effectively communicate the company's values
- Establish sales objectives and developing annual sales quotas for region
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition while meeting the company’s SRP standards
- Maintain sales staff by recruiting and training employees
- Desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams
- Work with the Sales, Senior Management, Marketing and Operations Teams to implement targeted sales strategy
- Manage sales forecasting internally and make the necessary adjustments to achieve
- Work collaboratively with the sales, operations and marketing teams to foster a culture of continuous process improvement & team work
- Ensure reports and other internal intelligence and insight information is provided to the sales teams on a regular basis
- 10 years distributor management experience in alcohol (Spirits a plus)
- Both independent and control market experience
- Highly talented in building new brands and relationships
- Chain experience a plus
- Experience partnering with Field Marketing Teams
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: Full-time employees are eligible to earn an annual bonus, competitive employee salaries
- Time Off: Full-time employees have a generous PTO policy and 9 paid holidays
- Health & Wellness: Full-time employees’ medical, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% (employee + dependents covered at a lower premium), monthly employee wellness reimbursement
- Learning & Development: Full-time employees receive a professional development stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.