Austin, TX /
Co-founded by University of Texas alumni Brian Murphy & Quentin Cantu, Ranch Rider was conceived in the back of a food truck, and launched officially in January of 2020. On a search for shift drinks that weren’t loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners, they began mixing and taste-testing beverages with premium spirits, sparkling water and fresh-squeezed citrus to share with their customers. The brand has since exploded in popularity and is currently distributed in 14 markets across the US.
Ranch Rider is an independent, employee-owned & operated company based in Austin, TX.
The Staff Accountant will assist the Controller in the daily and monthly accounting functions including a focus on AP/AR and balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
This role is based in Austin, TX.
- Process incoming vendor invoices by reviewing invoice details, confirming vendor information, and classifying expenses by account and department
- Invoicing of distributors for outbound shipments of fulfilled Sales Orders
- Manage company credit card transactions and employee expense reports
- Record bank transactions into the general ledger
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Participate in month-end closing procedures, including account reconciliations and analyses of balance sheet accounts
- Monthly TTB and TABC reporting
- Sales and Use Tax reporting for each state
- State business license filings and compliance
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Accounting degree preferred but not required
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Understanding of GAAP
- CPG industry experience preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- CPA or CFA candidate
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: Full-time employees are eligible to earn an annual bonus, competitive employee salaries
- Time Off: Full-time employees have a generous PTO policy and 9 paid holidays
- Health & Wellness: Full-time employees’ medical, dental, and vision benefits covered at 100% (employee + dependents covered at a lower premium), monthly employee wellness reimbursement
- Learning & Development: Full-time employees receive a professional development stipend
- Team Events: Monthly team events with local partners