Mountain View, CA /
As an Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for applying the principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems in the research and development, manufacturing, inspection, and maintenance of our unique self propelled trailer systems. Maintains testing lab equipment and can assist in regulatory and certification processes. Assists engineers in the development process and will be an integral part of the HW Powertrain team.
- Assists with research and development.
- Tests pre existing designs and new design prototypes.
- Develops, prepares and conducts experiments, collects data, and records results.
- May prepare and manage records necessary for certification and for regulatory compliance and certification.
- Assists with the design, development, testing, and manufacture of our product. May require the use of computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Tests and inspects the trailer system and equipment, to assist the engineering team in corrective actions of development or production problems.
- Helps develop methods and procedures used in prototype development and production startup.
- Builds prototype instrumentation and harnessing, diagnostic and test tools and methods.
- Associate’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, design technology, or a related field (preferred), but relevant experience in an engineering technician role is acceptable.
- One to three years of experience as a technician (required).
- Experience and exposure to DC High Voltage systems (280VDC or higher).
- Must be able to read technical drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- 3-D CAD and Schematic capture experience a plus. (ie: SolidWorks/Altium)
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced startup environment.
- Completion of any required safety classes related to applicable OSHA guidelines.
- The ability to use DMM, Oscilloscopes, Hi-Potters, Low Resistance Meters, Impedance Meters, Accelerometers, Data Acquisition tools, AC and DC power supplies, Dischargers.
- Can effectively verbally communicate information and can respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with other employees of the organization. May occasionally interface with customers, investors, or the general public.
- Write routine reports and correspondence with suppliers, service providers and staff.
- Can plan the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited scope. Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees to a moderate degree. Complete some repetitive tasks, such as instrumenting or harnessing.
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $40 - $65 USD hourly. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us.