Head of Manufacturing Engineering
Mountain View, CA
As the Head of Manufacturing Engineering you’ll work closely with Operations and Engineering to develop the plant layout, manufacturing process and labor strategy. You will work closely with engineering developing manufacturing processes and equipment specifications. This role will run activities including all applicable pre-production and post-production tasks required to support the full build. This position will also provide leadership and guidance to other manufacturing associates assigned to the applicable assignment. You’ll work closely with the supply chain team to ensure parts strategy matches production objectives and business development goals, ultimately delivering a quality product.
- Develop holistic company manufacturing strategies, model scenarios and establish cost estimates
- Build and grow a small, high impact, manufacturing engineering team
- Create scalable production processes and specify manufacturing equipment that can meet ramping production targets defined by business case
- Contribute to the development of the Quality Feedback Reporting system to collaborate with service and engineering on issue resolution
- Architect and implement manufacturing systems including MES, Change Management, QMS etc.
- Essential contributor in the selection of external contractors. In conjunction with the Head of Purchasing
- Implement and manage manufacturing quality management systems
- Provide design-for-manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process
- Report on Manufacturing activities to the Senior Leadership team, ensuring accurate reporting of the relevant Key Performance Indicators
- At least 10 years of experience in an operational manufacturing engineering role in automotive industry
- This role is required to be onsite at Range HQ (Mountain View) and will require occasional travel
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent domain experience
- Excellent communication skills in cross-functional collaborative settings
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work in a team environment + can-do attitude. Ability to solve amorphous problems
- Experience translating strategy to actions and measured goals
- Experience with powertrain manufacturing in the electric vehicle industry and/or class 8 trucking
- Experience in designing and deploying factory automation
- Knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes, components and manufacturing techniques
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Familiarity with Factory Physics, including specific gravity and acceleration
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $180,656 - $254,209 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us!
Range Energy participates in E-Verify in the United States. Range Energy will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.