Firmware Engineering Lead
Mountain View, CA /
Range Energy is looking for an experienced firmware engineer to lead ECU development for our products. You will be responsible for managing in-house and outsourced code development for multiple ECUs. You will establish company standards, best practices, and procedures around firmware development. You will be deeply involved at every step of product development, and wear many hats as a member of our rapidly growing engineering team.
- Collaborate with other team-members to define vehicle communication architecture and ECU functions
- Further develop company firmware strategy, including in-house vs outsourcing decisions
- Develop foundational firmware for our ECUs, and participate in the testing and revision process
- Create and document best practices and procedures for firmware development at Range Energy
- Troubleshoot and debug field issues on prototype vehicles
- Minimum 6 years industry experience, with an emphasis on shipping product
- BS/MS degree in a computer science domain, or equivalent experience
- High proficiency in embedded C/C++, with a focus on developing high reliability code for real-time applications
- Excellent knowledge of automotive communication protocols and implementation details (CAN, LIN, automotive Ethernet), with further experience in embedded peripheral communication protocols, such as I2C, SPI, and USART
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, particularly those with limited programming background
- Moderate knowledge of electrical engineering theory and practice
- Familiarity with automated firmware testing processes
- Hands-on embedded debugging and diagnostics experience, including familiarity with common laboratory tools (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, CAN interfaces, JTAG interfaces)
- Basic knowledge of electric vehicle powertrain architecture, including high voltage system design
- Basic controls theory knowledge
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $155,000 - $230,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us.