Head of Business Development
Mountain View, CA /
Range Energy is looking for a highly empathic Head of Business Development to help us manage existing customer relationships, and cultivate new ones. In this role, you’ll be responsible for collecting and disseminating customer learnings across the organization, and actively participate in crafting our product and technology roadmap.
- Lead customer development efforts, with a prioritization on forging deep, hands-on relationships with early pilot candidates in California
- Create and maintain a proactive customer pipeline, and ensure that communications remain streamlined and consistent across all customer touchpoints
- Spearhead the planning and execution of all customer-facing touchpoints, including visits, calls, workshops and other events
- Actively synthesize and share customer learnings across the Range Energy organization, acting as the “voice of the customer” in product and technology planning sessions
- A passion for listening and learning from customers, and developing deep customer insights through various research techniques, including ethnographic, design-thinking, and observational methodologies
- A high degree of comfort interacting with industrial customers, oftentimes on-site at truck depots, maintenance yards and other industrial locations
- Experience in high-touch sales models, ideally in industrial business-to-business applications in the hardware space
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing lightweight CRM tools
- Best-in-class communication skills at both the 50-foot and 50,000-foot level, including being able to structure well-organized high-level briefings for internal and external senior leadership
- Experience working alongside engineering and product organizations, ideally in the hardware and/or commercial transportation spaces
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $180,000 - $210,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us.