Lead Vehicle Program Manager
Mountain View, CA /
Range Energy is looking for an experienced project manager to build the systems and structure to organize our vehicle program from start to finish. This role requires accountability and clear communication across all of Range Energy to set the cadence of product development as we grow the company and work towards the launch of our first product. Applicants should be results-oriented and comfortable “doing it live” and iterating in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to plan and execute the vehicle program and build the company
- Establish the overall timing plan for the vehicle program by aligning company goals with lower-level product development cycles
- Determine program milestones and intermediate approval gates to synchronize workstreams
- Define deliverables and criteria based on milestone definition and product requirements
- Maintain and iterate pre-series timelines as plan meets reality
- Visually communicate plan and status to internal and external audiences
- Standardize and manage problem solving process
- Leverage supplier TPM resources to drive on-time delivery of parts
- Build out a lean, mean, PMO team
- Exercise judgment and leverage past experience to right-size PMO process
- Support development of subsystem and component project schedules
- Create templates and tools to empower stakeholders to self-manage
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 8-10+ years of experience in engineering or program management in the automotive or equivalent industry
- Demonstrable track-record of managing complex cross-functional projects involving hardware and software
- Experience in product development at all stages; concept, design, release, prototyping, validation, launch and production
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects
- Working knowledge of special relativity and quantum superposition is a bonus
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $175,000 - $240,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us.