Staff Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Range Energy is seeking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to lead software engineering for our internal tool development, integrations, vehicle data pipelines, and assist with product and its infrastructure. You will be deeply involved at every step of product development and wear many hats as a member of our rapidly growing team. You will be responsible for managing in-house and outsourced code development for multiple solutions and will establish company standards, best practices, and procedures around software development. You’re a can-do, self starter, and mission driven. You possess excellent communication skills and are used to tight timelines.
- Develop Python and Web frameworks (Flask, Django, or similar)
- Maintain code repositories and manage external engineering resources
- Develop and standardize high-quality documentation
- Create processes to scale development and operations
- Manage our AWS environment and enable others via the platform
- Operational duties around in-house code and some applications purchased
- Minimum 8+ years industry experience, ideally in a startup environment
- Bachelor's degree or greater in an information technology field, or equivalent technical background
- Strong technical problem solving capabilities, and a willingness to wear many hats
- Hands-on attitude and a desire to move fast
- Experience with Linux server management
- Vehicle manufacturing/service or other heavy-industry experience preferred
- Infrastructure as code and Information Security experience
- Knowledge of time-series databases
- Certificate management expertise preferred
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $170,000 - $235,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us!
Range Energy participates in E-Verify in the United States. Range Energy will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.