Vehicle Test Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Range Energy is looking for an experienced vehicle test engineer to actively manage our growing fleet of test assets. As our Vehicle Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing tests to ensure that our prototype powered trailers meet all safety, efficiency, and performance requirements.
- Design and develop test plans and procedures for effective tests of our prototype trailers
- Conduct vehicle tests - in the lab, test tracks, and on the road - to quantify performance and support engineering product development
- Analyze test results, identify areas for improvement, conduct failure and root cause analysis, and work with the team to identify solutions
- Maintain accurate test records and documentation
- Develop and maintain test equipment and facilities
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in vehicle testing or a related field
- Strong knowledge of vehicle systems, including EV powertrain, chassis, and electrical systems
- Experience with CAN communications and diagnostic tools
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis tools, such as python (preferred) or MATLAB
- Ability to manage multiple projects and schedules simultaneously
- Experience with vehicle dynamics and simulation tools, such as CarMaker
- Experience with regulatory compliance testing and standards, such as FMVSS or Euro NCAP
- Automotive proving ground experience and/or license
- Experience towing trailers (of any type - boats, RV’s, utility trailers, etc.) and confidence in maneuvering and reversing
- CDL Class A or heavy trucking experience
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $120,000 - $165,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us!
Range Energy participates in E-Verify in the United States. Range Energy will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.