Head of Supply Chain
Mountain View, CA /
As the Head of Supply Chain you will be responsible for all company strategic sourcing and industry partnerships. This includes working cross-functionally to understand needs for third-party engagement, finding and evaluating potential partners, overall management of third party relationships, and building the internal procurement org to properly support the business needs.
- Lead procurement and partnership initiatives across all aspects of the business portfolio
- Proactively engage with stakeholders (incl. engineering, operations, manufacturing, strategy, finance, and design) to derive and execute the medium-term (3-5 years) business and technology roadmap to support hardware development program
- Develop the supply chain and partnership footprint with a long-term, strategic view
- Lead the day-to-day process of ensuring successful partnerships (milestone adherence, change order management, quality assurance, cost control, etc.)
- Ensure optimal contract coverage for corporate partnerships
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues
- At least 10 years of experience in partnership development and/or purchasing in a hardware product environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strategic sourcing, financial and business opportunity analysis, comfort with legal frameworks and contract negotiation skills (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders, including C-level, engineering, legal, finance, manufacturing, and logistics
- Demonstrated ability lead and work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Deep experience in complex project management
- Uncanny ability to execute
- Advanced (Master's, Doctorate, etc.) degree in business, operations, supply chain, or other related field
- Experience in the electric vehicle industry
- Experience with battery supply chain
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $180,000 - $225,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us.