Business Development Manager
Mountain View, CA /
Range Energy is looking for a Business Development Manager to help us manage existing customer relationships, cultivate new ones and evaluate business opportunities. In this role, you’ll be an integral part of our strategy, product, and business development efforts and have significant leadership team exposure.
- Support customer development efforts, with a prioritization on forging deep, hands-on relationships with early pilot candidates in California
- Identify promising customer leads and build relationships across the trucking industry
- Project management of customer touchpoints and interactions (running tools, keeping things organized, etc.)
- Plan and execute relevant customer-facing touchpoints, including visits, calls, workshops and other events
- Supporting business analysis activities across the company, including vetting potential customers, new product offerings and preparing recommendations to inform strategy
- Create and maintain tunable strategic models for various customer segments
- Prepare for and participate in customer-facing workshops, and support on-the-fly creation and updating of financial models
- Regularly interface with cross-functional teams to keep abreast of internal developments and opportunities
- Stay up-to-date on news and emerging trends across key markets and technologies, including commercial transportation, renewable energy, automotive, and energy storage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years of experience working in business analysis, management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy
- A passion for listening and learning from customers, and developing deep customer insights through various research techniques, including ethnographic, design-thinking, and observational methodologies
- Expertise in building and maintaining financial models, especially in the transportation and/or renewable energy fields
- Experience in high-touch sales models, ideally in industrial business-to-business applications in the hardware space
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing lightweight CRM tools
- Experience working alongside engineering and product organizations, ideally in the hardware and/or commercial transportation spaces
- Experience evaluating and architecting new business opportunities and transactions, including M&A deals and joint ventures, and an understanding of the pros and cons of various structures for such deals
- Strong analytical and research skills, and an innate talent for hunting down hard-to-find information
- Strong grasp of technical concepts, and ability to translate them to high-level business models and opportunities
- Best-in-class communication skills at both the 50-foot and 50,000-foot level, including being able to structure well-organized Excel models and presentations, and brief them at a high level to senior leadership
Range Energy’s compensation package includes a competitive salary, equity for all full-time roles, and a generous benefits package. The salary range for Mountain View, CA based applicants is between $120,000 - $155,000 USD annually. The total compensation will be determined based on multiple factors including domain knowledge, experience and location.
Range Energy values applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. If you think you could excel in this role (regardless if you meet all the qualifications), we encourage you to apply. Range Energy is an equal opportunity employer which means that we consider applicants for hire and make employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Range Energy is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants who request an accommodation. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com
About Range Energy
Range Energy (Range) is accelerating the electrification of commercial transportation via powered trailers for the heavy duty truck market. With a solution that can easily hook up to any tow vehicle, Range’s powered trailers can rapidly ease the transition to electrification and meet its commercial partners' immediate needs and long-term ambitions.
At Range, we are a community of makers, doers, and creators. Our ultimate mission is to make towing cleaner, safer, and more efficient. In order to achieve that, we must be obsessed with simplifying complexity. The dedication we have for the innovative work we’re doing each day is driven by empathy for our customers. We celebrate creativity, tolerate risk, and believe in the unique advantages of speed to market.
Range was founded in 2021 and is led by a team with a breadth of EV industry expertise from Tesla, Zoox, Honda, and more. We’ve got deep experience rapidly making revolutionary vehicles - and their enabling technologies - a reality at scale. Our company is backed by leading investors including UP Partners, R7, Yamaha Motor Ventures, and more. Join us!
Range Energy participates in E-Verify in the United States. Range Energy will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.