Engineering – Platform /
Rapid is a team of creators delivering the next-generation API platform built for the modern developer. Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to make it easy for developers to build, use, and share APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
How do we make this happen? Rapid is the creator of RapidAPI Hub, the world’s largest API hub, where more than 4 million developers discover, evaluate and integrate more than 40,000 APIs from leading companies like Twilio, Microsoft and Google and more. Rapid also offers RapidAPI Studio, which provides developers with a single, connected experience to design, develop, test, monitor and publish their APIs. For enterprise organizations, Rapid offers RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, a private, customizable version of the public hub that enables the company’s developers, customers, and partners to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs, as well as external API subscriptions.
We operate at scale when the opportunity is even greater. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
RapidAPI is building a tight-knit, high-performing group of problem solvers to transform how companies manage, develop, and monetize their APIs. The platform engineering organization provides the infrastructure and software capabilities RapidAPI employee developers use to build, test, deploy, instrument, operate, automate, analyze, and optimize their products and services.
Our platforms should accelerate the activities great engineers would perform if we didn’t provide them. To be successful in this role, you will need to bring a consultative approach combined with a technical skill set to both influence and implement meaningful solutions that can ultimately be self-served. Broadly this will require expertise in both software engineering, public cloud infrastructure, and necessary services like containers, networking, CICD, and observability solutions.
- Deliver solutions that empower RapidAPI developers to build, test, and deliver their products and services with speed and quality
- Build, operate, and maintain the internal developer platforms and infrastructure necessary to enable RapidAPI developers to build, deliver, and operate highly available, globally distributed cloud-native services
- Ensure our products, features, and services adhere to the platform engineering architectural north star
- Employ infrastructure, engineering, and operational best practices to ensure the usability, scalability, and sustainability of the platform
- Define engineering best practices for operational maturity, whether the products are internal or external
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps/SRE specifically around system design, deployment, and implementation of production environments
- Deep technical knowledge and operational experience with configuration languages such as Terraform and foundational technologies like Kubernetes, ArgoCD, HELM, Terraform, and Git Actions
- Strong experience with one or more of these tools listed or their equivalents: Honeycomb, Prometheus, Grafana, and PagerDuty
- Ability to read and write integration scripts (Python or NodeJS), programs, and config files, as well as complex queries and alert definitions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to understand complex systems; versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job and promote their use throughout R&D
- A desire to contribute to a fun, fast-growing team that works hard but also enjoys working together
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You'll be taking our product to the next level within a high-talent-density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.
If this sounds like you, click apply below! We’d love to hear from you.