Developer Advocate (Sr/Staff/Principal)
San Francisco /
Developer Relations – Developer Relations /
Rapid is a team of creators delivering the next-generation API platform built for the modern developer. Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to make it easy for developers to build, use, and share APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
How do we make this happen? Rapid is the creator of RapidAPI Hub, the world’s largest API hub, where more than 4 million developers discover, evaluate and integrate more than 40,000 APIs from leading companies like Twilio, Microsoft and Google and more. Rapid also offers RapidAPI Studio, which provides developers with a single, connected experience to design, develop, test, monitor and publish their APIs. For enterprise organizations, Rapid offers RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, a private, customizable version of the public hub that enables the company’s developers, customers, and partners to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs, as well as external API subscriptions.
We operate at scale when the opportunity is even greater. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
WHY DO WE NEED THIS ROLE NOW
Rapid is investing heavily in developer education. We want to make the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. Developer Relations is a department that reports directly to the CEO while working cross-functionally with product, marketing, and engineering teams, which signifies the buy-in from the leadership team. This is an excellent opportunity because we are building multiple DevRel programs from scratch.
Come on board and bring your curiosity and vision to see it through. Implement programs to make developers' lives easier, and together we plan to make API development more accessible and dependable for everyone. This team is at the heart of strengthening RapidAPI's relation with developers. Join us and become a crucial part of our story.
Developer Advocate (Generalist) We are inviting talented developer advocates to join our team! As a generalist, you'll have the exciting opportunity to create written and video content that will help API developers. Think conference talks, live streams, and courses filled with helpful insights and knowledge. Let's work together to make a positive impact on the developer community!
Both mid-level and senior engineers are encouraged to apply, as we have multiple head-counts for this role. When in doubt, apply anyway.
- You have done DevRel content, talks, and built a developer audience before.
- You are Builder: Builds small demos (code, content, video) for social audiences.
- Obtain product feedback and gather ideas from the community through open conversations.
- Help foster user-generated content to develop case studies featuring influential users for marketing, Identify and forge relationships with influencers for each target market to increase overall brand awareness, and create influencer campaigns.
- Research, plan, design, write, and continuously update web dev and API dev content on Twitter in the form of tweets, engaging demos, conceptual explanations, code samples, and technical references.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams in defining the roadmap and prioritizing the needs of our partners, developers, and DevRel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical software or web development experience.
- Empathy and curiosity when interacting with community and colleagues.
- Existing and engaged Twitter following in the dev community.
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Experience working with Git, GitHub, and Markdown.
- 2-5+ years as a Developer Advocate (content, code, community) especially video content
- You have given talks at meetups, conferences, and have organized meetups/confs yourself
- (Optional: Next.js, MDX, React, API Development).
- Experience writing accessible and semantic SEO-friendly HTML/content.
- Contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Experience working with DevTools, including creating documentation, API references, FOSS (Free & Open Source Software) readmes.
- Experience participating in technical/developer communities, open-source projects, and other developer community groups.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You'll be taking our product to the next level within a high-talent-density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.
If this sounds like you, click apply below! We’d love to hear from you.