Enterprise Account Executive, Chicago
Remote US /
Sales – Enterprise Sales - US /
Rapid is a team of creators delivering the next-generation API platform built for the modern developer. Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to make it easy for developers to build, use, and share APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
How do we make this happen? Rapid is the creator of RapidAPI Hub, the world’s largest API hub, where more than 4 million developers discover, evaluate and integrate more than 40,000 APIs from leading companies like Twilio, Microsoft and Google and more. Rapid also offers RapidAPI Studio, which provides developers with a single, connected experience to design, develop, test, monitor and publish their APIs. For enterprise organizations, Rapid offers RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, a private, customizable version of the public hub that enables the company’s developers, customers, and partners to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs, as well as external API subscriptions.
We operate at scale when the opportunity is even greater. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
We are seeking a hardworking, driven individual with superb energy, passion and initiative for new business acquisition in the Enterprise market. The Rapid Enterprise Account Executive will be the first to join our Enterprise Sales team in Chicago. The Enterprise Account Executive role focuses on formulating and executing a sales strategy within an assigned territory, resulting in revenue growth and new customer acquisition. A successful Rapid Account Executive will be a key driver of RapidAPI’s high growth in a new and large Enterprise SaaS market.
With Rapid’s year over year growth, now is the perfect time to join Rapid’s sales team. This is an outstanding career option for an enthusiastic sales professional looking to further their career in a fast paced dynamic environment while also being part of a rapidly growing start-up.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Vice President, Enterprise Sales.
- Manage the entire sales process to ensure delivery against key performance metrics, with a strong emphasis on new business sales.
- Identify goals and needs/requirements of prospects and clients, including budgetary constraints and key decision makers.
- Gain an in-depth and detailed understanding of Rapid’s business and products to confidently sell to Fortune 1000 companies.
- Engage with prospect organizations to position Rapid solutions through strategic value based selling, business case definition, return on investment analysis, references and analyst data.
- Develop and manage a strong pipeline through a combination of customer engagements, marketing campaigns and market sector knowledge/intelligence.
- Create effective presentations and proposals.
- Negotiate pricing and contractual agreements.
- Provide account analysis and accurate revenue forecasts.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure clients’ success/satisfaction.
- Meet/Exceed individual targets and contribute to the overall team and company success.
- Travel may be required (do what you need to do to close the deal).
- 7-10+ years of quota-carrying software technology sales; 3+ years selling to enterprise companies with a focus on new business sales.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: domains; API platforms, API management, integration software, application development or management or similar, Subscription, SaaS, or Cloud software.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with proven success working for both large and small companies. Passionate about communicating value to senior stakeholders and developing creative customer solutions.
- Possess a hunter sales mentality with a strong desire to be successful, and have a proven track record of overachievement and exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to learn and establish credibility quickly with all levels of buyers at an Enterprise. High IQ, EQ and self-awareness.
- Customer-focused with extensive experience building customer relationships within multiple business units and managing prospects through complex product evaluations.
- A demonstrable track record of success managing the end-to-end sales process and engaging with all levels from end users to business champions to C-level executives. (Experience selling to CIO/CTO/VP of Engineering leaders at Fortune 1000 companies a plus).
- Strong ethics and company orientation: Passionate about growing your career in a fast growing start-up environment, and contributing to Rapid’s company mission and vision.
- History of extensive and consistent new account penetration; creative prospecting skills leading to strong, predictable pipeline development.
- Excellent communication skills; listening, presenting, sales closing, and use of CRM tools.
- Deep curiosity combined with analytical skills.
- Must live in territory (Chicago, Minneapolis, Milwaukee).
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You'll be taking our product to the next level within a high-talent-density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.
If this sounds like you, click apply below! We’d love to hear from you.