Director, Corporate Controller
San Francisco /
Finance – Finance /
Rapid is a team of creators delivering the next-generation API platform built for the modern developer. Our users range from independent developers to the largest companies in the world. We work hard to make it easy for developers to build, use, and share APIs faster while providing enterprise-wide visibility and governance. As a result, entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value and business outcomes.
How do we make this happen? Rapid is the creator of RapidAPI Hub, the world’s largest API hub, where more than 4 million developers discover, evaluate and integrate more than 40,000 APIs from leading companies like Twilio, Microsoft and Google and more. Rapid also offers RapidAPI Studio, which provides developers with a single, connected experience to design, develop, test, monitor and publish their APIs. For enterprise organizations, Rapid offers RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, a private, customizable version of the public hub that enables the company’s developers, customers, and partners to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs, as well as external API subscriptions.
We operate at scale when the opportunity is even greater. We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and empower developers to build modern software through API innovation while doing the most critical work of your career.
Rapid is looking for an experienced Controller to own and lead our accounting team, build a set of best practices, accounting controls, and a culture of accountability for budgets, responsiveness and transparency, reporting directly to the CFO.
Key accountabilities include:
- Define and manage Rapid’s accounting policies and procedures to confirm compliance with evolving US GAAP, international IFRS (as required) and ensure policies remain relevant with evolving business activities
- Design, build and own the monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines in compliance with US GAAP and international IFRS where appropriate. Hire and build the accounting team to support the company’s goals and objectives.
- Manage international accounting teams (internal and external) and develop transfer pricing and consolidation processes
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Be subject matter expert in key technical accounting pronouncements to ensure adoption of ASC 606, 340, 350, 718, 740, 326, 842.
- Design and develop accounting policies, practices, and procedures with a strong internal control framework, especially around O2C, P2P, Payroll, and Financial Accounting and Reporting.
- Manage all external financial reporting to investors and financial institutions.
- Serve as a key resource and advisor to company management around initiatives, activities, or processes with an impact on the financial well-being of the business.
- Lead the company through audit readiness and deliver its first financial audit.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance;
- CPA required; 6+ years' experience in public accounting; additional experience working in a both a startup environment and a publicly-held company is highly preferred;
- Experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm a plus;
- Proven people management experience;
- Expertise in NetSuite required;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, risks and opportunities with senior leadership team;
- Proven ability to communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience, including meeting facilitation and presentations;
- Proven ability to develop high profile, influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions and layers, preferably inclusive of navigating a large corporation
- Proven ability to create, document and manage processes across systems and teams.
This is an opportunity to play a key role in a fast-growing and high-scale startup company distributed across the US, Europe, and Israel. You'll be taking our product to the next level within a high-talent-density team and out-of-the-box thinking. Having raised $150 million in a Series D investment round in 2022; you’ll be working with a team that is scaling globally, fast.
If this sounds like you, click apply below! We’d love to hear from you.