Remote, South Africa
RapidDeploy requires a Scrum Master to coordinate, coach and facilitate our agile development teams and manage the process of how information is exchanged.
The role will include resolving impediments and coaching team members on agile methodologies. You will work across multiple feature teams and help them focus on delivering quality solutions that meet the demands of our ambitious product roadmap. It is the responsibility of the Scrum Master to make sure the team grows into self-organizing, high-performance contributors.
This role requires a strong communicator, a capable leader, and a keen interest in agile frameworks.
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity.
- Facilitate and monitor Sprint ceremonies.
- Facilitating getting work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate the communication across different delivery teams to resolve dependencies and impediments.
- Drive learnings across teams to help accelerate experimentation and maturity.
- Driving effective change by monitoring and maintaining the Impediment and Retro Action backlogs/boards.
- Assisting with internal communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assisting with maturing processes between Engineering and other Business Units within the organization.
- Assist Product Management to priorities and predictably deliver key roadmap initiatives by regularly reviewing the relevant metrics (Velocity, Control Charts, CFDs).
- Maintain and evolve the Coaching Framework for relevant teams.
- Work closely with the development teams, product owners, and project team to pinpoint existing process flaws and identify an agile improvement roadmap to support consistent predictable delivery.
- Research and iteratively implement agile tools and techniques that can benefit a team.
- Work with product owners to protect the current sprint commitments.
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it.
- Certified Agile Coach, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), or similar.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading teams using Agile Methodologies.
- Minimum 4 years as Scrum Master.
- Background in software development (preferred).
- Ability to understand technical issues at a high level.
- Ability to coach multiple teams to reach their highest potential.
- Proven ability to work independently without supervision whilst driving decision in a collaborative fashion.
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach.
- Good communication skills (Written and verbal).
- A good problem solver.
- Have an inquisitive nature and a drive to thoroughly understand problems.
- Like to keep things simple. Can organize and plan well.
R50 000 - R70 000 a month
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Notice: RapidDeploy’ s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.