Machine Learning Engineer - Restaurantes
Multiple Latam locations /
Engineering & Product – Data Science, Machine Learning and Business Inteligence /
Contractor Full Time
Rappi is the fastest growing Latin American startup ever! Backed by the world's best investors, including Sequoia, Andreesen Horowitz, Y Combinator, DST Capital, and Softbank. We reached unicorn status last year and haven't slowed down. We deliver whatever our customers want on-demand to their doorstep in minutes, from restaurants to groceries to hard cash. We have also recently launched a wallet and eCommerce products which are taking off quickly to become the "SuperApp" of LatAm. We operate in 100+ cities across 9 countries in Latin America, with large hubs in Mexico City, Bogotá, Sao Paulo, and Buenos Aires.
These are our Core Values, things that are truly in our DNA. The behaviors and mental habits that have made us what we are. They are what make us special as a team and what all of you guys share. Please think if you feel at home when you read them.
1. Highly ambitious for the greater good, not for ourselves.
2. Beautiful work makes people smile, so it's not optional.
3. Talk fast, walk fast, think fast. And execute things in parallel.
4. Move the needle. (Prioritize) Every challenge is a gift and an opportunity .
5. We never complain, we act. We use our curiosity to fix things.
6. We deliver magic, and magic only happens when you jump off a cliff.
We are the OpsTech department, responsible for developing cutting-edge technology applied to the operation. We manage the logistics of the company applying technical and business knowledge. Some of our ongoing projects are:
- Courier (offer) spatial and temporal distribution.
- Demand in-app guidance.
- Order matching (assignment) and bundling.
- Vehicle routing.
- Operation simulation.
- Time and routing estimations (ETA's, transportation directions).
- Geographical clustering.
Please make sure you fulfill the following requirements to apply for this position. We are excited to work with you!
What will you do
- Design, train, deploy and maintain supervised models using the best tool for the job
- Implement ETL's and data pipelines for feature creation and model diagnostic.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Collaborate across teams from different disciplines such as sales, marketing, engineering and operations.
What you have
- Quantitative background in statistics, computer science, physics, math or other technical field.
- Experience in machine learning algorithms and libraries such as scikit-learn, xgboost, tensorflow, keras or pytorch.
- Experience in coding professionally(at least one year) in a dynamically typed language Python, R, etc and/or in a static typed language Java, C#, etc
- Experience working with relational databases - MySQL, Postgres, etc and proficiency in SQL
- Experience with no relational databases such as Mongodb, Redis, etc.
- Have strong problem-solving skills and like to work in complex problems
- Have a startup mindset