DBA - DEVOPS
Engineering & Product – DevOps, SecOps, SRE and NOC /
Employee Full time
Rappi is the game changer startup for last mile delivery in Latam. With more than 100K orders daily, we are making easy our customers lives by offering all the services available in their cities and delivering it in less than 30 minutes.
You will have the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technologies in large scale environment with a challenging rapid growth pace, taking ownership of both internal and external services, and applying all your skills to make an impact on the whole company.
You will be working with a skilled group of international tech specialists, on a high pressure hard-work environment.
Database Administrators (DBAs) are responsible for building and maintaining the productive data platform.
You will be:
- working with thousands of databases on a 100% cloud environment, including Postgres, MongoDB, MySQL and much more.
- responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases and guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally.
- working on challenging proyects on a highly skilled team.
- helping developers from different teams to make good use of the platform and achieve good performance out of it.
- using all your knowledge and skills to improve current platform and processes.
- creating database policies and enforce their compliance all over the company.
- implementing, using and/or building tools to provide scalability and automatic maintenance.
- solving complex problems and helping in large scale, multi-country applications.
- creating alarms to be the first to know when something is wrong or is about to fail.
Education and Training Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in information technology or computer science, advanced education, certifications or equivalent knowledge are required.
- Three to five years of database experience.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Advise Management on Long-Term Capacity Plans and Growth
- Assign Passwords and Maintain Database Access
- Analyze and Recommend Database Improvements
- Analyze Impact of Database Changes to the Business
- Audit Database Access and Requests
- Define and implement Backup/Restore policies.
- Communicate effectively with other technical teams
- Comfortable working with cloud databases
- Configuration and tuning of database
- Continually Review Processes for Improvement
- Debug Database Issues on Live Data
- Deploy System Updates
- Design and Build Database Management System
- Develop and Test Methods to Synchronize Data
- Ensure Data is Secure
- Ensure Databases Run Efficiently
- Ensure Platform Availability
- Extract Live Data
- Guarantee Database Setup Meets Industry Requirements
- Modify Databases to Specific User Requirements
- Monitor all relevent metrics
- Oversee Development of New Databases
- Optimize Queries on Live Data
- Plan Disk Storage Requirements
- Proactively Tune Database in Production
- Prevent Data Loss
- Quickly Assess a Situation and Develop/Implement a Solution
- Recover Lost Data
- Research Emerging Technology
- Review Existing Solutions
- Set Security Permissions for Database
- Solid Project Management Capabilities
- Solid Understanding of Company’s Data Needs
- Strong Technical and Interpersonal Communication
- Thorough Knowledge of SQL
- Troubleshoot Database Errors
- Work Closely with Development Teams with Regards to Database Updates and Design