Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineering – Software Engineering /
RateMyAgent launched in 2014 and is Australia’s No. 1 real estate agent ratings and statistics website. It provides recommendations, rankings and reviews for real estate agents in Australia. We have ambitious plans for international growth (with current focus on the USA). We’re on a mission to be the global no 1. Real estate ranking and statistics service globally. We have an awesome innovative tech culture, tonnes of energy and a focus to deliver amazing outcomes. Our culture means that teams can enjoy ownership of their products and the autonomy to innovate; backed by our belief in cross-functional collaboration, experimentation and learning. There are currently over eighty employees and we are surrounded by expert partners and advisors. We are listed on the ASX:RMY.
We're a team that thrives on startup culture and hate the red tape that comes with larger enterprise organisations. Our engineering teams typically consist of 4 engineers, a tech lead, a product owner and a UX expert.
This role is very well suited to someone who is not only passionate about building products that customers will love but someone who flourishes on seeing their ideas elaborated in collaborative, agile teams. We encourage a courageous can-do attitude and love to move fast, fail fast, and learn fast. We are always looking to learn from our data and customers as we take our platform to the global stage.
p.s. We scored our highest engagement survey results in the engineering team, with a CultreAmp score of 86!
Desirable skills and experience:
- An experienced (2+ years) full-stack T-shaped software engineer
- .NET / Angular / TypeScript / AWS Experience
- Focus on business outcomes rather than technical feature outputs
- Experience with an (NX) Monorepo is a bonus
- Do you love pragmatically solving problems and delivering incrementally?
- Fast CI/CD (we do ~15 production deployments per day) with containerization (Fargate)
- Do you have cloud experience? (As we are based 100% in AWS)
- Infrastructure tooling such as CDK
- Worked in other SEO sensitive consumer-facing businesses
- Performance tuning (SQL, Multi-threading, Front-End/Google Lighthouse, etc.)
- You understand and are passionate about automation (testing, deployment, cloud infrastructure)
- Exposure to ElasticSearch, Snowflake and/or Redis (or you can come and learn)
RateMyAgent offers a competitive salary, a relaxed and interesting office space in Richmond, and a great team of colleagues to spend the day with.
From home,the office or the beach - its all about balance.
Company-wide collaboration such as, bi-weekly product showcases, coffee with the exec sessions, culture, and loads of social events (virtual and in-person).
We are proud of our hackathon culture and host 3 hackathons a year where the whole company gets involved!
A day off on your birthday on us!
We offer 2 days per year to take to focus on your health and wellness
Paid Parental Leave:
RMA wants to help as your grow your family but offering generous paid parental leave
Learning and Development:
Whether it's a short course, conference, or even a book that will help you with your learning and development, we have to training budgets in place so you can continually learn and grow
At RateMyAgent, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (Customer Obsessed, Do the right thing, One Team, One Dream, We Hustle, We're Straight Up and Give a S***)