Product – Product Manager /
RateMyAgent launched in 2014 and is Australia’s No. 1 real estate agent ratings and statistics website.
It provides recommendations, rankings and reviews for real estate agents in Australia. We have ambitious plans for international growth (with current focus on the USA). We’re on a mission to be the global no 1. Real estate ranking and statistics service globally.
We have an awesome innovative tech culture, tonnes of energy and a focus to deliver amazing outcomes. Our culture means that teams can enjoy ownership of their products and the autonomy to innovate; backed by our belief in cross-functional collaboration, experimentation and learning. There are currently over eighty employees and we are surrounded by expert partners and advisors.
We are listed on the ASX:RMY.
You will contribute to the product function for RateMyAgent with the ultimate goal of growing RMA’s customer base. You will work with cross-functional delivery teams including Designers and Developers and will work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales and CX to develop and deliver on an integrated roadmap to continuously improve RateMyAgent’s digital products.
As a key member of the Product team, the Product Manager will report to the Head of Product and play a pivotal role in the product direction of the company. The Product Manager position is accountable for working closely with the team, managing the backlog and monitoring the progress of new and existing products. In addition, they will be involved in identifying customer needs and assisting in developing a product roadmap and success metrics tied to the strategy to deliver on the team OKRs and the company vision.
You will strive in a culture of thinking differently, driving the development and design of new products to push the boundaries of what this company can achieve (We are not scared of doing things that are hard and embrace mistakes for what we can learn from them!).
- Develop an expert understanding of the users’ needs and champion these in tall stages of product development: from ideation and discovery through to launch and support
- Work with Product, Design, and Development teams to enhance existing features and bring new ones to market
- Lead a cross functional team in the ideation, delivery and adoption of existing and new capabilities
- Monitor the backlog, prioritise and adjust priorities as needed.
- Be hands-on with the product, customer and sales requests to really understand stakeholder needs.
- Leverage your lean and entrepreneurial mindset to learn, experiment, but at the same time deliver customer value and great user experience.
- Work closely with marketing and sales on product launches, go-to-market to ensure product success.
How we work
- Consistently prioritise the backlog with the customer at the heart of the decision making
- Take responsibility of defining and analysing metrics and measure success of your products.
- Be on top of the market and competitive trends and products.
- Work with the Leadership team and the rest of the product team in formulating RateMyAgent’s future product direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Work with your team to plan and execute on strategic projects
- Be focused on the metrics, and make data-driven decisions always aligned to our OKRs
- Work in a lean environment, with no blame culture and don't be afraid to fail.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong commercial and operational acumen enabling you to make solid recommendations, with long term impacts to the P&L in mind
- Excellent decision-making, analytical (from web to database) and problem-solving skills
- Skilled communicator who can tailor messages to suit a wide array of stakeholders and levels
- Excellent planning skills and experience, naturally capable of seeing dependencies and driving others to deliver, while maintaining great relationships – a diplomat yet a driver of outcomes
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing outcomes
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Ability to adapt to and deal with ambiguity
- Innovative and forward-looking mindset
- Genuine interest in emerging technologies
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated
RateMyAgent offers a competitive salary and benefits.
The world has changed and so have we, we support you working remotely and from our office.
2 wellness days a year on us - Grab a massage, head out into nature or simply enjoy time at home.
Company-wide collaboration such as product showcases, coffee with the exec sessions, culture, and loads of social events (virtual and in-person).
We are proud of our hackathon culture and host 3 hackathons a year where the whole company gets involved!
A day off on your birthday on us! (No one likes to work on their birthday)
Two Volunteer days
Paid Parental Leave:
We want to support you as your family grows so we offer paid leave for the special times as well as flexible working options.
Learning and Development:
Whether it's a short course, conference, or even a book that will help you with your learning and development, we have a healthy training budget in place for staff so you can continually learn and grow.
At RateMyAgent, we appreciate the value that comes from having diverse employees. Whether that be diversity of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, pregnancy, race or religion, we strive to create a team where anybody can thrive. We strongly believe a varied workforce creates a more innovative company with a broader perspective. Wherever you’re from, whatever you believe, all we ask is that you have drive and share our company values (Customer Obsessed, Do the right thing, One Team, One Dream, We Hustle We're Straight Up and Give a S***)