Strategic Account Executive
A Ravel Strategic Account Executive develops new business and grows accounts selling primarily to large law firms. The SAE manages the entire sales process, from prospecting through close, using a consultative sales approach to identify the prospect’s needs and to show the value of Ravel’s innovative platform. We are expanding our sales team and interested in hearing from qualified candidates to fill positions in California and New York.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strong sales, revenue and growth goals
- Clear, articulate and persuasive communicator
- High level of initiative, integrity, self-discipline and self-motivation
- Excited to collaborate and share ideas to drive sales and influence product development
- Developing and delivering sales from territory and sales plans
- Attain monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Know the competitive market and Ravel Law’s differentiators
- Drive new revenue by identifying opportunities, conducting product demonstrations, delivering customized proposals and closing sales
- Maintain account and opportunity information in Salesforce.com and report regularly on sales opportunity pipeline
- Create and manage a territory plan
- The role may require overnight travel to client locations, events and company meetings
- 4+ years of direct sales experience
- College degree, with JD preferred
- Experience in sales to large law firms preferred
- Experience in selling software products for legal practice preferred
- Proven knowledge of sales concepts, methods and techniques
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Effective time and territory management skills
- Strong product demonstration skills
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation with base salary, performance incentives, and equity. We provide a full suite of services for personal health, including healthcare, dental, vision and long-term disability. Other benefits include 401(k) with access to top-tier Vanguard and other retirement options, and unlimited vacation
At Ravel, we develop the legal profession’s most innovative products for data analysis, visualization, and research - uncovering insights about judges’ rulings, revealing critical cases, enabling lawyers to make data-driven decisions, and more.
Ravel was launched from Stanford University’s Law School, Computer Science Department, and d.school, with the support of CodeX (Stanford's Center for Legal Informatics). We have been featured in The New York Times and the American Bar Association Journal, and our founder is a Forbes 30 under 30 for 2015.
We are a rapidly growing Series A startup funded by top tier investors like NEA. We are headquartered in San Francisco.