iOS Engineer (Staff/Principal/Lead)
Los Angeles or Remote /
In a world where many social apps measure their success by time spent online, Raya is a technology company focused on providing utility. Our iOS only app is a tool for discovery of and access to exciting people, events, opportunities and recommendations globally. We believe that by marrying great software with a membership based community built around core values of trust, creativity, and reciprocity, we can provide solutions that have heretofore been impossible.
Raya Staff/Principal/Lead iOS Engineers love Swift and have been recognized as leaders in past roles! The ideal candidate will have had 3-4 years of experience at at least three companies and grown within the organization, demonstrating both loyalty and leadership. You will join the iOS team at the early stages of the company and will have all the excitement and accountability that comes from joining a fast growing, well funded startup.
Raya’s team includes the 3rd designer of Facebook, one of the first 10 engineers at Venmo, the PM who launched the like button, the engineer who founded Flipagram and a lot of other amazing people. We prioritize learning and teamwork and love giving people the opportunity to champion big challenges and grow into better versions of themselves. A great candidate is excited to support the client team's initiatives in messaging, connecting, and local based maps initiatives. They are diligent and designs software architecture in a scalable manner. Finally, they believe in Raya’s vision, which is to enrich lives by fostering relationships through quality, in person interactions.
We offer comprehensive medical and dental coverage, $50 a day grubhub budget, equity based employment, a great culture, learning opportunities, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and we pay all employees $1,000 a year to go somewhere in the world that they’ve never been because of our values of human connection, empathy, and curiosity. You can see more at the bottom of our careers page: https://careers.rayatheapp.com/
- Be a key player within the team responsible for the Connection and Communication aspects of the Raya iOS App, including People Recommendations ("The Stack"), Messaging, and Consumables.
- Own the development of key features in these areas within our iOS app, utilizing Swift. These may include both visual portions of the app as well as lower level architecture of the app.
- Leverage experience with XCode, UIKit, SwiftUI, RxSwift, RxFlow, CoreData to enhance our app's performance and functionality.
- Handle an array of tasks, from complex problem-solving to simpler tasks that enable team productivity.
- Champion exceptional user experience and outcomes, making user needs a priority in development.
- Manage the iOS development life-cycle from ideation to release and beyond.
- Develop layouts, documentation, and accurately represent requirements and solutions for planned development as well as documentation for code and projects you produce and work on.
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code following good programming practices.
- Maintain software functionality documentation and upkeep of procedural knowledge base.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and update existing systems for smooth app operations.
- Deploy updates, evaluate user feedback, and make changes to enhance user experience and satisfaction.
- A Bachelor's or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field is not required but equates to 1 YOE.
- Minimum of 7+ years of non-internship professional software development experience that includes experience with native iOS development with UIKit specifically.
- Proficiency in Swift or Objective-C and familiarity with iOS design patterns.
- Hands-on experience in managing a notable deliverable with direct ownership in iOS app development.
- Exceptional effort and thoughtfulness in work, and open in communication.
- Understands non-coding aspects of software development like alerting, monitoring, code coverage, and integration testing.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and QA.
- Proficiency in test-driven development, ensuring applications are robust and reliable.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools, enabling efficient and effective work
- Comfortable with XCode, troubleshooting build problems when they arise.
- Experience with package manager such as cocoapods or SPM.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications clearly and concisely.
- Some experience with RxSwift or Combine preferred