Senior Product Designer
Vancouver, British Columbia /
Raydiant is on a mission to create amazing experiences for people everywhere they go. Using a first-of-its-kind technology, Raydiant reimagines and transforms guest and employee experiences through dynamic and interactive digital signage. Some of the nation’s most recognizable brick-and-mortar companies use Raydiant to keep employees engaged and customers coming back, all while driving revenue.
Built with both people and businesses in mind, Raydiant focuses on the experience so companies can focus on their products. Franchise managers, IT, marketing, and communications executives can effectively scale their brick-and-mortar operations while eliminating outdated technology. Our superior product, service, and integrations seamlessly create more engaging and personalized in-store experiences that keep customers coming back and buying more.
Raydiant works with nearly 4,500 brands, from SMB to enterprise, including Chick-Fil-A, Red Bull, First Bank, Harvard University, The Salvation Army, Thomson Reuters, and Wahlburgers. Founded in April 2017, Raydiant is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and is the highest funded company of its kind, with investments from 8VC, Atomic Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Mark Wahlberg Investments, Bloomberg Beta, Gaingels, Illuminate Ventures, Transmedia Capital, and Ron Conway. To learn more, visit www.raydiant.com.
About The Role:
This is a high-visibility role as a key Product Designer. Our goal is to have the most comprehensive, intuitive platform in the industry. The Product Designer will translate consumer and business needs into innovative, customer-driven strategic artifacts and solutions. This role will solve problems based on research, data, and industry best practices. This role will partner with others to ideate and communicate our product experiences including Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work closely with other designers to develop concepts and take them from napkin sketch through to production.
- Produce and maintain design specifications that can be communicated to engineering.
- Solve complex problems to help develop a cohesive, intuitive user experience for our customers.
- Create mock ups to help both Product Management and Engineering with requirements and initial vision.
- Design for users with a wide range of sophistication (from professional users to low digital literacy).
- Communicate solutions to stakeholders and executives in a manner that simplifies complexity and generates excitement.
What We Are Looking For:
- You get excited about the future of the customer experience for Brick and Mortar locations and want to drive engagement for our customers.
- Minimum of 4+ years of UX/UI product design.
- Comfortable with ambiguity at the beginning of projects and are driven to eliminate it through iterative development with stakeholders and peers.
- You have a portfolio that clearly demonstrates your process from napkin sketch to mid-fidelity sketches to final exceptional quality hi-fidelity designs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate with team members, other departments, and 3rd party developers.
- You have sincere empathy for the customer and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they present or experience.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile environment.
- The ability to convert ideas quickly into design artifacts.
- You are fanatical about detail.
Perks/Benefits at Raydiant:
Full medical and dental plans
Flexible PTO and paid holidays
Be a part of low ego, high-performance team
One of the first 150 people in a very fast-growing company
Be one of the core drivers of the company's success
Work with an amazing engineering team and a very successful go-to-market team
Potential to take on more responsibility as the company grows
Raydiant is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.