San Francisco, California /
Senior Accountant, San Francisco: Make an Impact at a Hyper-Growth Startup
More than half of all new televisions are being sold to businesses. But to use them, businesses either need to improvise (think Chromecast and an old Android, or a DVD player playing on loop) or spend tens of thousands of dollars on racks of hardware and bespoke software. Yes, it's really that bad.
But it's easy with Raydiant.
At Raydiant, our hardware and cloud software unlocks the power these displays by making it easy to display media (like video or music), information (like menus or flyers), and interactive content (like teleconferencing or whiteboards) at a price that any business can afford.
We're growing like crazy and we need your help.
We are seeking a motivated, growth-oriented accountant to build and lead our accounting and finance operations. The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas related to financial reporting and close. Your challenge is to drive efficiencies in financial reporting and business intelligence as we scale by leveraging technology and a relentless focus on process improvement and challenging the status quo.
This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and Accounting.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting
- Demonstrated and working knowledge of GAAP with the ability to interpret and convey the accounting implications to non-accounting teams
- Experience with Accounting Systems, specifically QBO and Bill.com
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Strong analytical skills along with sound judgment
- Team player with excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Experienced flux analysis skill set in a dynamic business environment
- Excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization
- Keen to meet deadlines with the ability to multiple tasks, committed to high quality in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in the accounting close including month-end close, data analysis, journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with our close calendar.
- Specifically, own the processes and perform the necessary tasks related to AP, AR, Cash, Credit Cards, and Accruals on a daily basis and for month end close purposes.
- Assist or prepare schedules to support regulatory, statutory, or management reporting, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management.
- Propose and implement enhancements and improvements to assigned areas, including cross-functional collaboration and documentation of controls, policies, and procedures
- Analyze current and propose new accounting policies and procedures when needed, and understand the impact on the company.
- Ability to perform complex fluctuation analysis for Income Statement, Balance Sheet and projects with the capability of identifying issues with a thorough understanding of the business operations
- Assist in workflow and system enhancement design and implementation, and ensure proper testing of related system revisions are within department standards
- Participate in various automation projects for our enterprise accounting and reporting system
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to documentation/formalization of procedures
- CPA certification or working toward a CPA certification or equivalent
- Public accounting experience
- Experience with design and implementation of internal controls
- Systems experience with Expensify, QBO, Intacct, Netsuite, and Bill.com
Why You should Work Here
- Be a part of a low ego, high-performance team
- One of the first 30 people in a very fast-growing company
- Be one of the core drivers of the company's success
- Work with an amazing engineering team and a very successful go-to-market team
- Potential to take on more responsibility as the company grows