iOS Engineering Lead - Scanner Pro team
Engineering – Mobile /
“Scanner Pro is perhaps the best app for quickly scanning and saving a digital version of a paper document.” – New York Times
Scanner Pro by Readdle is the revolutionary application that redefined the AppStore scanning category.
It uses a built-in iOS camera to take pictures of a paper document. The unique technology automatically detects the edges, fixes geometry, removes shadows and other visual defects to make a perfect scan. Also, it harnessed an advanced optical character recognition (OCR) technology that allows you to extract text from scans.
Now, the Scanner Pro team is looking for a iOS Engineering Lead to help us deliver the best-in-class product to people all around the world. You’ll face the most challenging tasks in your career and opportunities to make a great impact — build a productivity app, that really helps millions of people.
- Work with Product and Customer-facing teams to design and develop new features.
- Shipping great products on time and according to the roadmap.
- Diagnose and debug complex systems, optimising the speed/memory consumption of the application
- Сooperation with the R&D department, helping develop and add new functionality to the application
- Sprint planning, assessment of the time needed to complete tasks, planning and prioritisation in a partnership with a product manager
- Development team leading, tasks distribution among the team, control over the implementation, code-review
- Adjusting technical stack, refactoring legacy code, researching/adding new libraries and approaches
- Have a huge interest in building great software products.
- Have a firm understanding and strong opinions about software engineering (from low-level details to high-level concepts), able to make great decisions fast.
- Can work effectively in the situation of tough tradeoffs between functionality, complexity and development time.
- Can create practical, maintainable and reliable solutions.
- Experience in mobile and web analytics, user behavior metrics and methodologies to analyse user feedback.
- Resolving critical situations with the product.
- Demonstrated technical strengths in Swift, Objective-C.
- Software development: separations of concerns, SOLID, OOP patterns, concurrency patterns.
- Best practices: unit testing, static analysis, code review, dependency management.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
Understanding the technologies used in iOS development:
- Xcode Instruments, profiling practices.
- Cloud services SDK (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.), iCloud.
- Experience with Metal, CoreImage, Accelerate, Core Graphics.
Would be a plus but not mandatory:
- Understanding image processing specific tasks (object detection, color space differences, perspective transformation).
- Web experience.
- Familiarity with basic Machine Learning and Computer Vision algorithms.
- Image memory techniques and optimizations.
You’ll be leading the way. We’re betting you’re driven to build great things and get awesome results. Join this amazing journey with Readdle!