San Francisco, CA /
So much of what we do at ReadMe is getting to know our customers…. programmatically! We believe the best documentation is tailored to each individual user. But to do that, we need to know who each user is! You’d own all authentication across ReadMe—from our Enterprise offerings (SAML) to our getting our customer’s customers to their docs.
We're a small team of humans (and one owl) working together to do big things, and we’re growing! That’s where you come in. Since we’re a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge difference! You’ll have lots of opportunities and flexibility to make outsized improvements to ReadMe beyond your daily responsibilities.
🦉 What we do
ReadMe helps companies build beautiful, personalized, and interactive developer hubs. We love what we do because it’s so much more than just docs. We’re providing tools for teams to create and manage beautiful documentation with ease. Last year, we raised a Series A led by Accel, which we’re pretty excited about!
✅ What you’ll do here
- Take over our Enterprise SAML. We use Auth0 and support SAML 2.0, OAuth, and a custom solution with JWT. You’ll add new options, and improve our current ones.
- Manage our user permissions, and expand them based on customer feedback.
- Work directly with customers (and our sales team) to get new users onboarded.
- Find new flows for our customers to safely and easily log their developers into our docs, and show them their API keys and logs. (Currently we use JWT and/or webhooks.)
- Build creative ways to tailor documentation to each individual user.
💙 You'll Love This Job if You Are...
- The type of person to get in the weeds with complicated SAML issues customers are having.
- Thoughtful about usability and making things simple at every turn.
- A huge fan of APIs.
- Curious about users permissions and user access control.
- Interested in user security.
🌱 How You'll Grow Within One Month...
- Start to modernize our SSO infrastructure and audit where it stands currently.
- Begin simplifying ways to get our customers’ developers into ReadMe.
- Support CSMs in onboarding customers when things get a little complicated.
3️⃣ Within three months, you'll...
- Manage how we create permissions for users and admins.
- Debug and streamline our current auth infrastructure.
- Plan improvements and redesigns for auth and permissions.
6️⃣ Within six months, you'll...
- Redesign and own the user management UI in both our core, and enterprise products.
- Work toward authentication interoperability.
- Build off what you learned in the past six months to make recommendations on where ReadMe should move auth forward.
🛣 What's the Hiring Process Like?
- We can’t wait to read your resume and (hopefully personality-filled) cover letter! Let us know what excites you about authentication, and help us get to know you better!
- If we think we might be a good fit for you, we’ll set up a phone chat! We’ll tell you more about the role, and get a chance to hear about your experiences.
- Next will be a second phone interview, where we’ll dive a bit more into your background.
- Then we’ll invite you to an "onsite" interview conducted over Zoom! We start with a 30-minute get-to-know-you with folks you’ll be interviewing with, so you can meet everyone once, and then have you talk with people one on one in the afternoon.
- We’ll let you know how things went within a week! If it still seems like a good fit all around, we’ll extend you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.
Not sure if you’d be the right fit? Apply anyway! We’d love to see your application.
At ReadMe, we’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
This role will start out remotely due to COVID-19. We want to make sure all our employees feel safe in their work environments! Eventually, this role will be on-site at our San Francisco office. You must be eligible to work in the United States and either be SF-based or willing to move to San Francisco when the office reopens. A relocation package will be provided. We don't work with recruiters.