Enterprise Product Manager
San Francisco, CA /
At ReadMe we’re passionate about making API documentation easy-to-create and custom to each user! For teams of one to 1,000+ we want our product to make API docs just work—but for large enterprise organizations, needs are a little different! We’re looking for a product manager to facilitate our team’s execution of new Enterprise features to help ReadMe work better for those large teams.
We're looking for someone technical who can single-handedly diagnose problems and come up with the best short- and long-term solutions. Sometimes the fastest way to solve a customer problem is to dig in and solve the root cause issue!
We're a small team of humans (and one owl) working together to do big things, and we’re growing! That’s where you come in. Since we’re a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge difference! You’ll have lots of opportunities and flexibility to make outsized improvements to ReadMe beyond your daily responsibilities.
🦉 What we do
ReadMe helps companies build beautiful, personalized, and interactive developer hubs. We love what we do because it’s so much more than just docs. We’re providing tools for teams to create and manage beautiful documentation with ease. Last year, we raised a Series A led by Accel, which we’re pretty excited about!
✅ What you’ll do here
- Be a sponge to our Enterprise customer feedback! Collaborate with our customer-facing teams and speak with Enterprise customers directly to figure out their pain points with our product.
- Use that feedback to implement features and functionality around authentication, user access control, staging, and a host of other features! You can find our full current list of Enterprise features here.
- Create a process for Enterprise product management that works for you, the people you’ll work with, and our customers!
- Find ways to best synthesize customer feedback.
- You’ll come to own Enterprise product management at ReadMe.
💙 You'll Love This Job if You Are...
- Excited about how big companies use software to collaborate across a large and diverse set of users.
- Technical! Maybe you’ve got some past experience as a developer, or you’re experienced enough with APIs that you’d be able to contribute to discussions on creating amazing developer experiences.
- Experienced with building enterprise B2B products.
- Passionate about APIs and building stellar API docs!
- Great at assessing tradeoffs between feature requests and resources. You’re able to be proactive about our Enterprise feature suite, yet you can balance that with our engineering resources, and where other priorities lie.
- Able to separate the signal from the noise. You can synthesize lots of feedback into a roadmap that makes sense.
- An organized systems thinker. You’re able to think ahead and solve problems for the user yet-to-come!
- Empathetic to customer needs, and curious about how those needs are affecting them! You’re able to care about Enterprise customers.
- Excited about the opportunity to drive growth and customer happiness at a fast-growing, early-stage startup.
🌱 How You'll Grow Within One Month...
- Get acquainted with ReadMe, especially our Enterprise product, and meet the people you’ll work with!
- Talk with customers and customer-facing teams at ReadMe to identify pressing needs.
- Audit our current enterprise features. How do they currently solve our customers’ problems? How could they change for the better?
- Start to build out a product roadmap, balancing customer insights and scope of execution.
3️⃣ Within three months, you'll...
- Build against your product roadmap to delight Enterprise customers.
- Provide structure for our customer feedback loop. How will we scalably receive information from our customers?
6️⃣ Within six months, you'll...
- Start to lay the groundwork for how we can satisfy even more, and larger customers.
🛣 What's the Hiring Process Like?
- We can’t wait to read your resume and(hopefully personality-filled) cover letter! Let us know what excites you about Enterprise product management, and help us get to know you better!
- If we think we might be a good fit for you, we’ll set up a phone chat! We’ll tell you more about the role, and get a chance to hear about your experiences.
- Next will be a second phone interview, where we’ll dive a bit more into your background.
- Then we’ll invite you to an"onsite" interview conducted over Zoom! We start with a 30-minute get-to-know-you with folks from ReadMe’s customer-facing teams, so you can meet the people you’ll be working with, and then have you talk with people one on one in the afternoon.
- We’ll let you know how things went within a week! If it still seems like a good fit all around, we’ll extend you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.
At ReadMe, we’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Not sure if you’d be the right fit? Apply anyway! We’d love to see your application.
This role will start out remotely due to COVID-19. We want to make sure all our employees feel safe in their work environments! Eventually, this role will be on-site at our San Francisco office. You must be eligible to work in the United States and either be SF-based or willing to move to San Francisco when the office reopens. A relocation package will be provided. We don't work with recruiters.