Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
ReadMe is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team. We're a small team of humans (and one owl) working together to do big things, and we’re growing! That’s where you come in. The role requires both frontend (Angular/React) and backend (Node.js) programming. Having a good sense of product and design is a huge plus!
We're a small team of humans (and one owl) working together to do big things, and we’re growing! That’s where you come in. Since we’re a startup, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge difference! You’ll have lots of opportunities and flexibility to make outsized improvements to ReadMe beyond your daily responsibilities.
🦉 What we do
ReadMe helps companies build beautiful, personalized, and interactive developer hubs. We love what we do because it’s so much more than just docs. We’re providing tools for teams to create and manage beautiful documentation with ease. Last year, we raised a Series A led by Accel, which we’re pretty excited about!
✅ What you’ll do here
- Own major feature development. You'll lead the development of syncing OpenAPI specifications from GitHub, creating easy onboarding flows and new integrations, to name a few.
- Help grow a community of humans (and the aforementioned one owl) that's passionate about crafting beautiful developer experiences.
- Run technical initiatives that grow and scale ReadMe.
- Build a documentation platform that redefines the way people consume APIs and documentation.
💙 You’ll love this job if you are…
- Passionate about making products that people love.
- A programmer with previous professional experience.
- Up to date with the latest web technologies.
- Understanding that roles are flexible; willing to take on new opportunities as ReadMe grows!
🌱 How you'll grow within one month
- Get your local development environment set up and running.
- Work on smaller features and bug fixes in production code.
- Be involved in planning meetings for upcoming features.
3️⃣ Within three months, you’ll...
- Pick up larger tasks with direction and support from other team members.
- Review code written by others with confidence, applying best practices along the way.
- Give demos of built features to other teams in the company.
6️⃣ Within six months, you'll...
- Guide internal initiatives for technical improvements to the codebase.
- Run new major feature development, from planning to implementation.
- Advise other team members on architectural decisions based on your expertise.
🛣 What’s the hiring process like?
- We can’t wait to read your resume and (hopefully personality-filled) cover letter! Let us know what excites you about the role, and help us get to know you better!
- If we think we might be a good fit for you, we’ll set up a phone chat! We’ll tell you more about the role, and get a chance to hear about your experiences.
- Next will be a second phone interview, where we’ll dive a bit more into your background.
- Then we’ll invite you to an"onsite" interview conducted over Zoom! We start with a 30-minute get-to-know-you with everyone you'll interview, and then have you talk with people one on one in the afternoon.
- We’ll let you know how things went within a week! If it still seems like a good fit all around, we’ll extend you an offer! If not, we will update you to let you know so you aren’t left hanging.
At ReadMe, we’re committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Not sure if you’d be the right fit? Apply anyway! We’d love to see your application.
This role will start out remotely due to COVID-19. We want to make sure all our employees feel safe in their work environments! Eventually, this role will be on-site at our San Francisco office. You must be eligible to work in the United States and either be SF-based or willing to move to San Francisco when the office reopens. A relocation package will be provided. We don't work with recruiters.