Head of Engineering
Remote - EMEA /
Technology – Engineering /
Remote & still hiring during COVID-19
Our vision is to become the top of mind standard for managing a small business. We create a central access to all essential tools, entrepreneurs really need to unleash the full potential of their business.
Ready2Order is looking for a Head of Engineering who will be responsible for the implementation of software development best practice and the direct management of Software Developers.
We are looking for someone with a strong background as a software developer and technical architect working in the fin-tech or e-commerce space who can demonstrate an ability to lead a diverse team of engineering staff and express complex solutions through effective presentation and hands-on demonstration.
- Leadership of the Agile Software development processes from design, development, testing and deployment to ensure effective delivery;
- Management of a diverse and distributed team of software Developers who are embedded in Agile Product Development teams;
- Ownership of the coding community of practice to ensure standards are established, reviewed and maintained;
- Overall management of the technical architecture and roadmap and alignment with business strategy;
- Advice on the selection of new technology, frameworks, platforms and tools to support the team.
- You bring more than 10 years of work experience in software development with over 2 years of managing teams of software engineers;
- Strong understanding of Agile Development Methodologies;
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to self-organise with keen attention to detail;
- Strong people management skills, including the ability to coach and mentor engineers and team leaders of all skill levels;
- Track record of cultural leadership that positively impacts and inspires others.
- Experience working with EPOS, payment or financial services;
- Knowledge of Scaling Agile Product development teams with frameworks like LeSS;
- Experience of managing distributed team
We want to support you in preparing yourself as best as possible for the hiring process. You can read more about our recruitment process at the bottom of our career page in our Recruiting FAQ’s. If you have any further questions don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our talent partners.