Senior System Adminstrator (f/m/d)
Remote, Berlin /
Technology – Engineering /
Our vision is to become the top of mind standard for managing a small business. We create central access to all essential tools entrepreneurs need to unleash the full potential of their business.
2021 is the most exciting year yet for ready2order! We are stepping into the German market with 10x more potential. At the same time, we are transforming from a point-of-sale app into a business platform that digitalizes the financials of small businesses.
About the role
ready2order is looking for a Senior System Administrator who will support online digital infrastructure, products and services for audience and internal customers.
You will be responsible for both production and development environments, assisting in planning and implementing application upgrades and ensure that all tickets assigned to the team are responded to or completed in a timely manner. Also assisting the development and testing teams in the rollout of projects ensuring that code releases are performed professionally with minimal impact to services following the agreed change and release process and required documentation.
This role is required to proactively resolve operational issues of all systems using IT Service Management as a best practice framework for service management.
You will be required to carry a mobile phone to respond to and resolve any requests out of hours whilst on call.
The role will involve on-call scheduled weekends/bank holidays per the rota covering hours between 09:00 and 18:00.
- Assist in planning and implementing application releases;
- Support in all aspects of the operating system running, maintenance and configuration; Provide day to day support to both production and development environments;
- Learn and maintain other systems;
- Assist the development and testing teams in the rollout of projects;
- Installation of Linux, Apache/nginx, php and database clients;
- Capacity planning for existing systems;
- Assist with Incident, Change, CMDB and Problem ManagementAny request that is reasonable and in scope of your competencies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexibility to work across and switch between multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to approach technical challenges in a creative manner
- Highly analytical with an eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies
- Experience of managing large and complex infrastructures in a AWS or similar
- Experience working with Git
- Experience with managing monitoring tools like Prometheus, Sentry or New Relic
- Experience of implementing and managing Continuous (CI) Integration as a means to facilitate Continuous Deployment (ideally Gitlab CI)
- Experience running and managing services like Nginx, PHP or MySQL on Linux Server Systems (RHEL based distributions, Ubuntu)
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code to manage resources (preferably terraform and ansible)Strong scripting abilities (bash, perl, Go)
- Minimum 2.1 degrees in an IT-related subject
- 4 years experience of support for a high demand web environment that utilised LAMP technology stacks in an IT Service Manage environment.
- Experience of managing and implementing CDN services
- Experience of managing Atlassian product suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Experience with site performance monitoring and load testing
- Experience of regular vulnerability scanning and penetration testsExperience of security-focused
- IT auditing and compliance for ICO and PCI-DSS
- Knowledge of container orientated virtualisation with Docker and KubernetesKnowledge of database administration with MySQL