Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
ReadySet is a SQL caching engine designed to help developers enhance the performance and scalability of their existing database-backed applications. ReadySet precomputes the results of prepared statements (i.e. parameterized SQL queries) and incrementally updates these results over time as the underlying data in your database changes.
ReadySet is wire-compatible with MySQL and Postgres, so it can be integrated with your existing application without code or database changes– ReadySet makes it easy for developers to build performant web, analytical, and internal applications regardless of whether they’re deployed to a single region or around the world.
We’re looking for people who are excited about exploring and productionizing the frontier of distributed systems and DB research to join our international, fully-remote team. You’d be a great fit at ReadySet if you're excited to build data infrastructure that makes modern read-heavy applications faster, simpler, and easier to deploy.
About this role
We’re looking for an experienced frontend software engineer that is excited to help build the ReadySet control panel from the ground up. In this role, you will scope, design, and build the UI for ReadySet Cloud. As a part of a small and growing team, you’ll also work cross-functionally to help scope out product requirements, respond to new customer needs, and develop user interfaces to solve complex problems.
As a part of our engineering team, you’ll collaborate with other team members to contribute to process improvements, give product and architectural feedback, and work towards making ReadySet more robust and feature-complete.
- Collaborate remotely on a cross-functional team across Engineering, Product, and Design
- Participate in the initial decision on the architectural structure of ReadySet’s frontend applications -Scope out and build ReadySet’s design framework
- Build and maintain elegant solutions to complex UI challenges
- Ensure your code is thoroughly tested and benchmarked
- Perform detailed code review on teammates' features and generally help ensure code is kept up to the team’s technical standards
- Contribute to the team’s feature and tech debt roadmap, actively participate in planning meetings and retrospectives
- Write up documentation for features you develop
- Enable your teammates with mentorship, pairing, and collaboration
You may be a good fit if you have...
- Expert experience with React, or another modern frontend framework
- Knowledge of best practices for the architecture of frontend applications
- Be familiar with accessibility standards, inclusive design, design framework best practices, responsive design
- Have a strong eye for design, and be willing to build upon existing designs or design patterns to build similar components
- Previous technical experience in the database or caching industry
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience or interest in working in an early-stage startup environment
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or similar work experience
Continuous Learning and Growth
Having a product rooted in research out of MIT, a commitment to learning is a requisite trait of every team member. We work on cutting-edge problems in distributed systems and are looking for engineers ready to rise to the challenge as we revolutionize the use of SQL in modern web applications. We want to be a company where all employees are excited to continue learning and growing in their area of expertise, no matter which role or team they are a part of.
Though every team member at ReadySet is individually exceptional, many of the problems we are solving have not been solved before. This means engineering at ReadySet is a team sport. We strive to give every engineer ownership over their work while giving them the resources they need to produce high-quality solutions. We welcome feedback on our own ideas and create timelines with the assumption that part of every day will be spent helping others. We also trust that during disagreements, every teammate will prioritize finding the best possible solution over being right. We encourage collaboration and humility over ego.
Safety to Fail
As a growth stage company tackling huge engineering challenges, sometimes we fail. When this happens, we don’t place blame or keep score and are willing to acknowledge when we could have done better. Most importantly, we are committed to learning and improving as much as possible from every failure so we have a higher chance of succeeding the next time.
Diversity and Inclusion
ReadySet knows that a diverse workforce directly contributes to a higher quality product for our customers. We have put immense effort into fostering an inclusive, diverse work environment from the time of the company’s founding. We expect everyone to bring empathy and respect to all of their interactions with coworkers and customers. Encouraging everyone to bring their unique perspectives to
the table when solving problems helps us build and deliver stronger products.
We have raised over $28m from great VC funds and angels to fuel our growth and help us take our product from an ambitious research prototype to general availability. We offer competitive salary and meaningful early-stage equity in the form of stock options. We also offer unlimited PTO (with minimum vacation recommendations), flexible benefits, a home office stipend, and more.
PTO & Parental Leave
We offer unlimited PTO with minimum vacation recommendations and encourage our team members to take time off whenever they need it. We also offer 90 days of paid parental leave.
Team off-sites & conferences
A few times a year, the whole company meets to facilitate in-person collaboration and team bonding. In addition, we actively encourage participation at conferences and events.
We make time for our remote team to learn together and have fun together even if we are miles away. We have virtual game hours, and an internal tech talk series.